Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
Ok, I'm not explaining myself correctly obviously.
.... and here's more bullsh!t made up on the hoof in a desperate attempt to grasp at any straw to claim another so called Brexit benefit.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/brexit-st...s-12880590
0762 likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(14-05-2023, 17:34)theo_luddite Wrote: .... and here's more bullsh!t made up on the hoof in a desperate attempt to grasp at any straw to claim another so called Brexit benefit.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/brexit-st...s-12880590

Thats the problem with the issue in a nutshell. Because no one in the media has challenged these idiots and their endless lies he knows he can quite confidently get away with saying that, even though its untrue.

But lets just move on, keep shhhhhh and try and let dickheads like Rees-mogg make things better.
Quite, the man that moved his company HQ to Dublin because he could actually see what a shit fest it was going to be trying to do business in Europe from the UK. Not that he spouts that in public.
ritchiebaby likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

Good comments/retorts and they are relative to what I said previously - there is so much info to rebuff the whole concept of Brexit benefiting this country and the contents of this particular OP have huge amounts of vg info/debate ever since it was compiled all these years ago. I perceive exactly where SCO is coming from, but I strongly assert it would be a moral dereliction of duty for politicians to just move on and allow this disaster called Brexit to be "swept under the carpet". It is "not on" in my humble opinion and anyone suggesting otherwise really is missing the point. I recently listened to a guy, an ex Tory donor named Guy Hands (a leading City figure) who called Brexit a "complete disaster" and a "bunch of total lies" that has harmed large parts of the economy - that's not even touching on the other affected areas of stress incurred by Brexit in all sorts of different ways! Speaking on the 3rd anniversary of the UK departure from the EU, Hands said, "It's been a complete disaster"!! The reality is it's been a lose-lose situation for us and Europe. Europe has lost, but we've lost as well. "What Brexit was largely about was people at the top being able to employ the rest of the country for a lot less and pay a lot less tax" - refer back to vg previous comments on the issue in this OP. Hands end comment was the "promised land" (not!!!) for many Brexiteers is a return to the days of a mythical British Empire in the belief that Britain conquered India to benefit Indians - the object of all their cruelties was effectively to make money (ref Sir Charles Napier, Governor of British India). Hands additionally commented, "As Labour (and Starmer) search around for a moral backbone, there is now growing alarm in the business community over the shambles that is Brexit". Indeed, I'm sure I'm correct in saying the only political party standing by an anti-Brexit stance, and a return to the EU, is the SNP, and quite right too with no fear of losing votes on this particular issue while holding a strong principle re longstanding historical and current Scottish roots with our European neighbours. Last week I listened to some really disingenuous comments from Libdem politicians trying to "sell" a similar theme about establishing a closer association with the EU, but when challenged re the obvious solution being "rectify the mistake/the con and seriously consider a return to the EU", they tried to bluff their way past a position where they had no effective solution to attain that end goal i.e. you left the biggest single market on your own doorstep, why should you expect any favour or priority because you are no longer a member?????? The narrative was embarrassing and notably deceptive as usual, yet being uttered by Libdems who again are similarly frightened of the "Brexit genie potentially rising out the bottle" and costing them votes. There is so much more to say and really slam in to the whole Brexit sham!! All I can add to any interested reader is, "Read through a lotta the vg stuff/info that has accumulated on this OP alone" - it is damning and there is no way the most corrupt piece of political skulduggery witnessed in my lifetime should ever be allowed to pass as though nothing has happened although the political perpetrators of Brexit plus media/press collaborators would luv this scenario to become reality.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ni...ddac&ei=12

This is the first time I've observed and listened to this Farage chancer/charlatan in such a dejected state and close to "eating humble pie" re the Brexit failure and actually even teetering on a suggested reversal of a referendum voting disaster that has caused so much angst and hurt throughout great swathes of our population.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/202...t-uk-plant

So it looks like car manufacturing will be the latest industry to "flee the Brexit coop" and no wonder. Despite all the gung-ho talk by Sunak about stopping small boats, folk with money are queuing up to leave the sinking ship - not just weak-skinned Tory MPs (eminently replaceable btw), but key industries. To be more specific, car manufacturing and the company that owns Vauxhall, Peugeot, Citroen and Fiat to be absolutely precise. I noted a comment from the Amsterdam-based CEO (Carlos Tavares) of Stellantis: "If the cost of EV manufacturing in the UK becomes uncompetitive and unsustainable, ops close, and everyone will relocate outside the UK". Ford and Mini have already made this move! Also BMW is making the the new electric Mini in Germany, Honda doing it in the USA after closing its Swindon site. So it's not just the nasty old Dutch giving GB a bye-bye gesture. It is also brands that were originally British. And as the world gradually shifts away from diesel and petrol cars, the "sick man of Europe" tag really begins to stick to isolationist Brexit GB. Also note Sweden will be building what everyone needs if they can perfect battery storage that a succession of Tory governments simply forgot. This is what Britain (and Scotland!) have lost! partly by dismantling manufacturing, partly by resting on the UK's monumental laurels and totally through the self-harming vanity of Brexit.
The only reason Nissan went to Sunderland was because of the single market. It was so obvious this was going to happen. Erecting barriers to trade and the movement of components, creating new red tape and delays for the industry were all immensely stupid and insanely damaging things to do.

Slovakia is now a more attractive option than the UK for car production.
Little Englanders have landed us up shit creek baht a paddle, but try tell the the thicko's they did this? More chance plaiting fog.
A guide to cask ale.

Re the mere mention of Sunderland, one immediately recalls that joyous Brexit female on the shoulders of some other deluded Sunderland idiot triumphant in their pose to celebrate the future failure of Brexit, only they stupidly didn't know it at the time - oh the irony of that spectacle after the vote was counted in 2016, a case of be careful what you wish for!! Where are you now, I wonder? Sitting in a cafe "eating humble pie"?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »