Thread Rating:
Scotland play-off semi-final draw - it's Ukraine!
Oh well! Here's hoping Scotland make it then. We still have a lotta work to do before getting there. I perceive I wouldn't have any prob re going to Qatar although, as previously mentioned, the loss of approx 3.5k lives to provide any footie tourney/sporting event is 3.5k lives too many and it is an issue.
ritchiebaby likes this post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61551174

Stevie Clarke finally announces his 28 man Scotland squad for the crucial semi-final and potential final play-off matches. Kieran Tierney not listed and IMO that is a big blow to the dynamic of the Scotland team. No doubt, Stevie will still have an alternative strategy although I was hoping we'd have a full complement of players. One of his big challenges is ensuring the players are match fit and primed leading in to this semi-final v Ukraine. Anyway, just gotta get on with it!! C'MON SCOTLAND, WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Think Tierney is a big loss personally, He's a much better defender than some like to make out. His absence seems to have coincided with Arsenals form going over a cliff.

He seems to have a recurring problem though and Scotland making him play in meaningless games instead of trying out alternatives hasn't helped.
Aye! It is a massive blow!! I rate Tierney highly - at a near enough world class level and his flexibility in various positional roles is invaluable particularly v top international sides.
Got my ticket application results today.

As expected I've tickets for every England group game and conditional one all the way to the final should we progress.

I've also got Spain v Costa Rica/New Zealand
Uruguay v South Korea
Croatia v Canada
South Korea v Ghana

out of the 8 ground we get to definitely visit 5
Khalifa International Stadium
Al Thumana Stadium
Education City Stadium
Al Bayt Stadium
Ahmed Bin Ali stadium

Might get the Lusail Stadium as well but that all depends on us qualifying in a certain way for either the quarter finals or going all the way to the final.

Either way, we're are there for the first nine days of the tournament and we have a match on 7 of those days so a proper football festival awaits us.
theo_luddite likes this post
https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/news/He...ia/2842806

Graeme Souness backing Ukraine to kill off Scotland's World Cup hopes and send a strong message to Russia!!? I must say I'd be "in the same court" as Souness if it wasn't for the fact that it's Scotland who are the play-off opponents of Ukraine - an unfortunate World Cup draw from our point of view. Looking at tomorrow's match at Hampden Park, I think we need to keep a close eye on Zinchenko's forays on our right flank from his wing back position. He played a pivotal role in the final match of Man City's title winning campaign v Villa. All Scotland players to be fully focused on this game, no distractions apart from using a huge attendance of Scotland fans urging them on to win this play-off semi-final and quickly move on to Wales for the final.
I want Scotland to win. Obviously my heart goes out to those poor people but the Scotland team has worked exceptionally hard to get to this stage and deserve their shot.

It will feel a bit hollow if we win for sure, but it isn't our fault. Souness is just being a C*nt. As per usual.
IMO FIFA should've given Ukraine a bye to the World Cup finals in Quatar thereby removing such a compromising situation for any country's international footie team preceding the crucial World Cup draws that were made.
Can't get my head around Souness wanting his own country to lose this, you've not been to World Cup since what 1998? and you like Wales have the chance to not only qualify but to have a game against England in the Group stage. Absolutely loved the game against Wales in Euro 2016 and no matter what anybody says a Home Nations match up in a major tournament is a big thing for football.

Having said all that I still want Ukraine to qualify Wink
All I'll say on this is I hope the best team wins on the night and your not talking about refs, VAR and dumb fans having a go on social media at the ref's private businesses several days after the match has finished, like we are on the Town pages.

Good luck Thumb up
hibeejim21 likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »