Thread Rating:
Rangers v Hibs, Sunday 3 October, KO 3.00pm
Funny that Jim! My son had the same suspicion re offside as well! Also interesting re the pro-Rangers ref "conspiracy" being called out for what it is, my son similarly commented that nobody challenges this at all AND NEVER WILL BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF THIS POISONOUS FOOTIE CLUB, THEIR COMPLICIT MEDIA/PRESS AND LOTSA HORRIBLE PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THEM AND INTIMIDATE OTHERS RE ISSUES LIKE THIS ONE. His apathy re this whole subject is really sad and I still see VAR as being an "avenue" to follow and get at this poor level of refereeing/dodgy refereeing that affects match results. I acknowledge the proper unbiased officials must be in control of this VAR operation - SURELY THERE ARE ENOUGH DECENT PEOPLE IN SCOTTISH FOOTIE WHO CAN CONTROL THIS PROJECT PROPERLY AND SIMULTANEOUSLY 'CLEAN UP THE GAME' IN THE PROCESS. Otherwise, as previously described - the game's a bogey, seriously!! It is a fundamental part of the sport of soccer that is being unduly violated up here and needs to be sorted after years of complaint and ignorance!!

(03-10-2021, 18:19)hibeejim21 Wrote: Every game last season they did us over v them..... Hibs should be calling it out, today was absolutely ridiculous on so many levels.
But they will say zip.

I'd like to see a replay of their 1st because my thought was that was offside.

Forgot to say that the reason Hibs will say zip is because there would be a possible "threat" that the ref fraternity would "turn" against Hibs in future matches - I'VE READ THAT BOOK AS WELL AND THIS SAME ISSUE WAS RAISED AT AN AGM 'MANY MOONS AGO' WHEN AN AWFUL REFEREE (PROB AT IBRONX AGAIN!!!!!!1) WAS SEVERELY CRITICISED BY A PREVIOUS HIBS MANAGER - can't remember who it was, might have been Neil Lennon, but the threat was privately debated when Hibs were not being given normal decisions in forthcoming matches to the point where lotsa fans/shareholders saw it as being highly suspicious and unacceptable. In other words - "Don't criticise one of their own eh"!! Let the media/footie pundits do it. AND YET CELTIC, AND MORE RECENTLY RANGERS, HAVE GOT AWAY WITH THIS TYPE OF CRITICISM OF REFS DOWN THE YEARS - not right and totally unfair IMO!! Not a "level playing field" in that regard either!!
(03-10-2021, 18:19)hibeejim21 Wrote: Every game last season they did us over v them..... Hibs should be calling it out, today was absolutely ridiculous on so many levels.
But they will say zip.

Just watched Sportscene and Thompson not even putting in the question, "Was Roofe offside"? No side on video shot of Roofe's position that looks offside - totally ignored! Thumb down And Porteous deemed deserving of the red card according to the two "jokers" (is McFadden a 'closet hun???) on Sportscene, PARTLY BASED ON PORTY'S PAST HISTORY V RANGERS????? - NO WAY THAT WAS A RED CARD AND HIBS MUST APPEAL THAT DECISION. Note Jack Ross also opining it wasn't a red card. Therefore I'm assuming Hibs will register an appeal against this decision? Also I wonder what Scott Allan said to this minion of a ref when he was "pulled off"/substituted right after the red card? Given a yellow card for apparently giving the idiot a "mouth full"? I totally agree re a previous comment that retrospectively no Rangers player would've been sent off for that kinda challenge. IN FACT, RANGERS PLAYERS DON'T RECEIVE RED CARDS FROM SCOTTISH REFEREES!!!!!!!!! Rolleyes All the big ref decisions very convenient for Rangers AGAIN and endorsed by their salivating media people as usual!! There's no hope for the future if it continues "in this vein" - what a farce and the joke is it's being repeated from last season with utter impudence!!
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ra...ibernian-1

The match report is a good summary of how the course of a game that Rangers were losing has been changed by a shit refereeing decision. IMO if Rangers had not been losing 0-1 on 30 mins, I suspect this referee would not have opted to dismiss Porty.
Probably just what we expected with the sending-off, which seemed harsh -probably a yellow all day long, but a red? Gerrard is complaining that "the kid" just had to play the ball, but, if he could be bothered to look, Porteous won the ball in the challenge. Minutes earlier Morelos clattered into the back of Porteous with the ball nowhere near, but Morelos managed to escape scot-free - strange that.

And a Rangers player lifted his foot, studs showing, in a challenge just inside the Hibs box, but no foul? Rangers are there for the taking, even with their 12 players, and we'll never know if we could have been the ones to do it.

My first thought was that Roofe was offside when the cross came in, and how convenient that there was no camera in line with the penalty box. Whistle
hibeejim21 and 0762 like this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Add in that clear dive/simulation by Wright in the 1st half Ritchie. Paul McGinn clearly complaining to Walsh re the blatant nature of that offence where he wasn't touched at all - Walsh proving what a "homer" of a ref we were observing this afternoon - no yellow card issued as per footie rules! We move on, unbeaten domestic record gone under highly questionable circumstances!! Thumb down I must add I'm relishing playing them soon in that League Cup semi-final at Hampden Pk and will definitely be there with a lot more Hibs fans who feel the same way - I'd luv to see Hibs give them a real "doing" after so many controversial ref events that they have benefited from.
Convinced if we had kept 11 on the park we were winning that today. Sevco were not very good.
Regarding the Morelos illegal tackle on Porteous, I was appalled to hear Richard Foster (I think) on Sportscene saying that " if it angers Porteous a little bit, then it's great play by Morelos". GREAT PLAY!!!!! That clown should be immediately removed from the panel until he understands the concept of what constitutes foul play.
Cabbage is still good for you
Gerrard now calling Porty's tackle a "leg breaker"??????? We may as well ban sliding tackles now and THAT TACKLE WASN'T A LEG BREAKER BTW!!! This is a sinister Rangers manager (remember this hypocrite's previous "leg-breaking tackles" v Everton and deservedly red-carded!!!!) again "jumping on the bandwagon" of condemnation - "greeting faces" abound as they follow on from their astounding position re an alleged racist incident in Prague!! Note Porty has received two red cards in his SPFL career - BOTH RED CARDS V RANGERS AND BOTH RED CARDS ISSUED BY A REFEREE NAMED NICK WALSH - FUNNY THAT EH!!!? Also note Gerrard and certain Rangers players have previous "form" on Ryan Porteous after his deserved red card offence against Barisic at ER last season. I'm sure they were fined by the SFA for some of the extreme shit they were uttering at that time! They've continued to demonise/target Porty since then. I commented last season that I wanna see Porty eventually given the Hibs captain's armband and don't change that view of a Hibee who plays with his "heart on his sleeve", but needs to apply proper discipline to his style of play which he has actually been doing in recent times. IMO he's still a potential future Scotland player/defender.
But they will say zip.

Their equaliser was onside, no question about that tbh. Easily confirmed if you watch highlights on Hibs tv. Without doubt the red card changed the game in favour of Sevco as Hibs were comfortable at that stage and Sevco were toiling to create even a half chance.
No doubts Hearts will likely suffer similar injustice when we visit after the international break- its in the script after all
(03-10-2021, 23:19)ritchiebaby Wrote: Probably just what we expected with the sending-off, which seemed harsh -probably a yellow all day long, but a red? Gerrard is complaining that "the kid" just had to play the ball, but, if he could be bothered to look, Porteous won the ball in the challenge. Minutes earlier Morelos clattered into the back of Porteous with the ball nowhere near, but Morelos managed to escape scot-free - strange that.

And a Rangers player lifted his foot, studs showing, in a challenge just inside the Hibs box, but no foul? Rangers are there for the taking, even with their 12 players, and we'll never know if we could have been the ones to do it.

My first thought was that Roofe was offside when the cross came in, and how convenient that there was no camera in line with the penalty box.  Whistle

Confirmed Hibs appealing that red card on behalf of Ryan Porteous. Just listened to the opinion of the bbc Sportsound pundits (Levein, English, John Collins), all saying the red card was the right decision and Porty "out of control" in the slide tackle - won't get away with that in the modern game! Also referring to Porty's bad boy image in previous matches v Rangers!!!? Well there you go eh! I disagree with that unanimous view and saw a Hibs player, with no intention of hurting anybody, sliding in to win the baw, touched the baw, won it, and his sole intention was to try and attack Rangers midfield until suddenly being called back by Nick Walsh. Also agreed 100% with Jim's previous comment that retrospectively a similar Rangers offence would not be deemed a red card by any Scottish referee incl Walsh!! Thumb down
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »