Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
(06-04-2020, 14:49)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: I can see the benefit of finding out if you've already had it but it's a pointless exercise for anyone who hasn't, particularly if still working/ going out.

I get that a test only shows if you have the virus at that moment, but doing more testing will find people who are in that 10 day period where they are asymptomatic but still capable of passing onto others. People will naturally take social distancing far more seriously if they know they have it even if no showing symptoms.

Germany and South Korea are the two countries who are doing far more testing than anywhere else, and their rate of spread is far less than those countries not doing as much testing. Germany has done nearly 1m tests, the Uk has done 200k, Spain and Italy's total test numbers done even add up to what Germany has done. So far Germany has only 1600 deaths, the UK has nearly 5000, yet Germany has over twice the number of cases, that has to be because they are testing far more people.
I agree but our government will never put that much money into it.
(06-04-2020, 18:41)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: I agree but our government will never put that much money into it.

The UK started off with a herd immunity mentality, so you are correct they will not fund it properly!! I do have some support of herd immunity but that is a tough method to maintain through the course of a pandemic as the deaths begin to rise!!
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Johnson and co decided to ignore emails from the EU just after he'd "got Brexit done" to get a deal on test kits, PPE, respirators, you name it we could have had it. Political face saving/dogma and not wanting to be seen doing an immediate joint deal with EU member states rather than common sense kicked in. So Bojo effectively lined up a lot of people against the wall and shot them all with Covid-19. "Britain can do it better on our own" - well yes quite. We've apparently a load of PPE that is anywhere but in our hospitals right now. We've still not got a decent test scheme running for our NHS staff - but Boris managed to get tested. Enjoy the oxygen while it lasts Boris.

Meanwhile a bunch of other pricks who believe some more BS being spread on Faceache, are burning 5G masts down because they've wrongly, massively wrongly, decided that 5G is spreading the virus. The correlation isn't even close. When I looked on the map they claim supported it there wasn't any 5G masts in Wuhan Province on the map ffs. I'll bet they are using their hoard of bog rolls as kindling to get the fire going too.
hibeejim21, 0762, Amelia Chaffinch like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavir...spartandhp

Breaking news: Johnson's virus condition worsening and the PM moved to an ICU facility at St Thomas' Hospital!
Chances of survival for a man of his age are 50/50 in Intensive Care, if he goes on a ventilator chances of survival lessen
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(06-04-2020, 22:28)themaclad Wrote: Chances of survival for a man of his age are 50/50 in Intensive Care, if he goes on a ventilator chances of survival lessen

I wonder though due to his position as PM there are likely to be over cautious with the treatment he is getting?? So he might have been put into ICU earlier than other people have been.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Maybe but he’s not shaken it off in 10 days which is not a good sign

Had breathing difficulties put on Oxygen
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

The top class medics at St Thomas' Hospital apparently checking the condition of Johnson's organs as an "onslaught on organ functionality" is potentially one of the extreme phases of this horrible disease.
Dominic Raab is clearly shitting himself, having him as acting PM is xxxx terrifying, this is a man who didn't know Dover - Calais was a key trade route for the UK. He's even worse than Boris with this 'Britannia unchained' bollocks. He's clearly unfit for the job.

I'd say a government of national unity is the way forward here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »