Thread Rating:
To alleviate the boredom
The European Space Agency is in DARMSTADT. It's been there for 50 years. It's like famous. It kept being mentioned during the Brexit debate before Storm Ciara brought the Coronavirus in. Darmstadt is Chesterfield's twin town. Choirs come over to sing at you and all that stuff ……….. Aspire, it's all over everything to do with Chesterfield! Darmstadt made it to the Bundesliga maybe last season I think and got relegated again.

Sorry Salts by the way, I assumed you had one of those brilliantly-mad-crossword-play-on-words brains that can just invent these things out of thin air. I almost had one for ten minutes back there till it flew off back to Darmstadt, now I can't think of any.
Ask and thou shalt receive. Good luck with these. Same principle as before.

1. Big Blanc came up.......

2. .....he arrived by road but over water

3. and brought an Armada of timber.

4. He had an alternative to old sherry;

5. it was 1 of 52 ..... maybe.

6. Was he a twister? No, the victim by the sound of it.

7. They wandered over this Roman island,

8. headed north then turned right to Speedy Moss County,

9. met Noah`s lad by our river

10. and that took them to where they built ships (but only as far as the top deck).

Not entirely happy with some of the clues, so I`ve just tweaked them slightly. Sorry about that.
It's time to lock the UK down now. People are going to Matlock Bath and the Peak district and going to the seaside and treating it like it's a bank holiday weekend. They are loitering and congregating together in places, they aren't taking it seriously and they are ignoring advice and being selfish fuckers.
Lord Snooty, ritchiebaby, hibeejim21 like this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Absolutely right, Matt.........but what`s new? What`s even more annoying is the sure-fire certainty that when the thing really takes hold and the NHS can`t cope, so that they or their close family can`t get treated, these people will be the first to blame the government. Situations like this always bring out the best and the worst in human nature.

The lock-down is coming; very soon.
ritchiebaby likes this post
Blimey Salts I just read them. They look hard.

I keep wondering if the govt said, "they have to stay home for their own protection" and they meant black people or women or gay people wouldn't there be a huge storm?

Why is okay to treat the elderly as a voiceless, amorphous mass?

But then why do we let people behave in such anti-social ways? Singapore is probably the most regulated society I've visited. There I saw a group of young people on a Saturday night out stop by an overflowing wastebin that another person had knocked over. They got a black bag, filled it and took the contents away with them and set the wastebin the right way up. OK there was CCTV everywhere, but was that loss of liberty that promoted public-spiritedness worse than the freedom to have litter blowing everywhere?

And now they have Covid19 under control to the extent of 2 deaths …….. The freedom to die horribly on a hospital trolley doesn't seem worth much does it?
Lord Snooty likes this post
You were the one who asked for some more, Dev; you never said anything about them being easy. To be fair, once you think about them some of them are probably more straightforward than they seem at first glance.

I`ll put the answers up on Friday if I remember; if I don`t, somebody remind me.
We'll remind you. I may need till Friday to get my brain gear again. I'd started doing some of my own, but only got to five before old age set in.
(22-03-2020, 18:55)SaltergateBorn Wrote: Ask and thou shalt receive. Good luck with these. Same principle as before.

1. Big Blanc came up....... MONTROSE

2. .....he arrived by road but over water CAMBRIDGE

3. and brought an Armada of timber. BOREHAM WOOD

4. He had an alternative to old sherry;

5. it was 1 of 52 ..... maybe. CARDIFF

6. Was he a twister? No, the victim by the sound of it.

7. They wandered over this Roman island,

8. headed north then turned right to Speedy Moss County,

9. met Noah`s lad by our river ROTHERHAM

10. and that took them to where they built ships (but only as far as the top deck). CLYDEBANK

Not entirely happy with some of the clues, so I`ve just tweaked them slightly. Sorry about that.

I'll get back with the others.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Congratulations on no.9, Snoots. For a non-Cestrefeldian, that`s impressive.

I`m saying nowt else, though - yet.
Lord Snooty likes this post
I'll have a proper look tomorrow. Snoots that was the only one I could do first look.

I'm always interested in rivers non-one has heard of. Like the Hipper and the Whiting and the Drone.

When I first went to Cheltenham we went over a small / river stream. I said, "Oh that'll be the Chelt!" thinking there couldn't be a River Chelt. Sure enough the answer came back from my soon-to-be partner who had run the theatre there for years, "Yes, that's right, it flows right under the theatre!" Who knew there was a River Chelt? But then the Sheaf was a bit of a surprise to me too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »