Thread Rating:
Preston vs WBA - Match Thread
Shocking decision. Doh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Mmmmm. Slightly lucky methinks. Whistle
We will take the points, but the penalty leaves a sour taste with me.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
You know I love my baggies but that was never a penalty.  Whistle
Stairs likes this post
If t'was given against us I'd be a little disappointed.
But... seen em given before.
Did we deserve the 3 points? 65% possession in any away game is pretty impressive.
I reckon.
It was not a penalty but we have had so many injustices over the years all I can say is “sorry Preston you played well but would have happily taken it if it had happened in your favour”

3pts - move on.
Amelia Chaffinch, drewks, Ska'dForLife-WBA And 2 others like this post
I couldn't see where a goal was going to come from tbh, and full marks to PNE for reducing us to 1/2 doz efforts. Their goalie spoilt his good game by giving the ref 1/2 a chance.......but that was the only way we'd score 2nd half. Fantastic result!
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
If only we had some form of video replay that an independent referee could take a look at to get to the correct decision. Whistle

Nah! It'd never work. Besides, there was a miniscule touch on the Albion player, so VAR probably would,ve given it anyway. Blush

Ah well, keep it going, Baggies. Keep those dirty Leeds buggers down. Big Grin
drewks likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Agreed, not a pen, but in real time and at full speed I was convinced it was.

Ref had a call to make on the spot - no VAR this season - hopefully next though Whistle

Hats off to Sam Johnstone as well, that was a worldy Thumb up - not the plonker some had him down as not so long ago Big Grin
derbybaggie likes this post
Much the better team 1st half. Preston came much more into in 2nd half. West Brom didn’t seem keen to cross the ball in from wide for the first hour.
Harsh way for Preston to lose a point with the ‘penalty’ decision. We could see from the stand it shouldn’t have been awarded.
So much for looking forward to seeing Sawyers, Pereira, Diangana and Ajayi.
Ajayi cautioned although played well. The others disappointing on the night.
Credit must go to SB for bringing on Edwards to win the pen and Austin to score it.
Makes the trip back to Scotland that much better.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »