Thread Rating:
WBA vs Cardiff - Match Thread
We’ll talk about squeaky bum time I was just starting to think.... ? Surely it can’t happen again? Phew! Time for a pint or four
It was like that game in the Prem when we drew 3-3 and Saido took the ball in the corner but instead of holding it he crossed it into no man's land so Jimmy decked him.
Difference is we are a joy to watch now and Swansea and Leeds losing WOW !!
Too of the league at the international break and most of the top teams played, all the relegated teams played including Leeds and Fulham away !
Happy days :-)
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
That's OUR Baggies, cruising 3-0....
...3-1 then 3-2 before a 4th seals it.
Love us, and in a matter of weeks, SB seems to have got us playing the way we traditionally do!
Fantastic job.

Great to see Charlie off the mark too.
Stairs likes this post
Being top of the table is largely due to the performances of Grady Diangana and Mathias Pereira both of whom I believe are on loan from West Ham and Sporting Lisbon respectively.

Losing those two in January or the end of the season could be another ‘Harvey Barnes’ situation whereby our performances dropped substantially.

Cheque book out please Mr Chairman

Whistle
drewks likes this post
Well that was fun to watch
say what you will we have become fun to watch
not good for the blood pressure though
good to see Austin finally get of the mark,shutting up a few supporters around me in the process

performance i thought on the whole was pretty good
although Cardiff did sit off us first half

Pereira`s goal was outstanding

3 more points top of the league
time for a few beers
@Kristien 1965
(05-10-2019, 18:55)BaggieMan Wrote: Being top of the table is largely due to the performances of Grady Diangana and Mathias Pereira both of whom I believe are on loan from West Ham and Sporting Lisbon respectively.

Losing those two in January or the end of the season could be another ‘Harvey Barnes’ situation whereby our performances dropped substantially.

Cheque book out please Mr Chairman

Whistle

Pereira has a buy option at the season end of approx 9 million IIRC - this is a snip - he is fast becoming a 25M+ player.
Keeping him when the big boys come calling will be the biggest problem  Doh
I don't believe we have an option to buy Diangana.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Not since the days of Dan Ashworth, do I feel that the recruitment at the club is top  notch. Ajayi , Sawyers , Furlong are all proving to be great buys. I did not rate Furlong. QPR did not rate him either. Now he looks capable of the step up. In Ferguson and Edwards we have two outstanding academy products. But the piece de resistance is the loan signings of Diangana and Pereira. Pereira is fabulous and a great fit for our  club. At this rate he is a shoe-in for Championship player of the season. Could we be lucky enough to sign him if we go up? If we do sign him. the second signing should be whoever is keeping Pereira out of the Sporting team!
BaggieMan likes this post
(05-10-2019, 20:21)Alouion Wrote: Not since the days of Dan Ashworth, do I feel that the recruitment at the club is top  notch. Ajayi , Sawyers , Furlong are all proving to be great buys. I did not rate Furlong. QPR did not rate him either. Now he looks capable of the step up. In Ferguson and Edwards we have two outstanding academy products. But the piece de resistance is the loan signings of Diangana and Pereira. Pereira is fabulous and a great fit for our  club. At this rate he is a shoe-in for Championship player of the season. Could we be lucky enough to sign him if we go up? If we do sign him. the second signing should be whoever is keeping Pereira out of the Sporting team!

Absolutely Alouion, I think quite a few of us on here (myself included) are going to have to be eating a large slice of humble pie in relation to the recruitment department. Whistle Whistle Whistle
drewks likes this post
Albion win and I broke my holiday losing streak by watching Hamburg beat Greuther Fürth 2-0 at the Volkparkstadion.

Good day all round and great job by the coaches and players.

Just seen three of the goals on Twitter. It’s great to see us playing proper, pretty football but with end product again.
Basil'n'Clive  4   Colin Wanker  2 Laugh
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »