Thread Rating:
Lancashire 2019
[Image: Lancs-CCC-274.jpg] v [Image: Derbyshire-CCC-715x410.png]
[Image: download-3.jpg]

The final run in avoid any slip ups in this one and we are up, will be there tomorrow to watch the temporary stand being taken down unless there is a 20,000 sell out which will be highly unlikely. The season is drawing to a close those long winter nights lie ahead.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Decent day especially the afternoon session which is probably the best I have seen this season, a festering run in between Godleman and Bailey, plenty of verbals between the two in the morning almost boiled after the Derby opener walked down the track and hit Bailey straight over his head for six, next ball gets a run and it looked as if Bailey tried to trip him up mid run more words and Umpire Blackwell had to step in. Later Vilas was spoken too by Evans great stuff.
Cricket probably one of those wickets were if you get in yo can score runs. Gleeson bowled well Parky looked rusty not surpring as he hs not played any games bailed out early ish wasn't overly warm.

[Image: CIMG1861.jpg]

ND OF DAY
Emirates Old Trafford

Specsavers County Championship Division Two ›

Derbyshire
Lancashire
20/1 (15)

Win by an innings and are promoted

(12-09-2019, 18:57)themaclad Wrote: Win by an innings and are promoted

I was hoping for a fourth day, as I was going to go if it reached the fourth day. Seemed to have collapsed in the 2nd innings.

Now you've gone back up to Division 1, will you manage to stay up?
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Some Chesterfield fans sat near me on Monday, as far staying up tough call think only one goes down next season although knowing the ECB could be 7 up and 7 down

Derbyshire 244: Godleman 111; Gleeson 5-64, Mahmood 3-45 & 129: Bailey 3-14, Parkinsoin 3-28, Maxwell 3-39
Lancashire 418: Bohannon 174, Livingstone 71, Vilas 51; Rampaul 3-47, Dal 3-60
Lancashire (23 pts) beat Derbyshire (3 pts) by an innings and 45 runs
Scorecard
Lancashire defied the Manchester weather to beat Derbyshire by an innings and 45 runs and secure promotion back to Championship Division One with two games to spare.

After moving on from their overnight score of 269-2 to be bowled out for 418, Lancashire then dismissed the visitors second time around for 129.

Tom Bailey took three cheap early wickets to put the hosts in control.

Spinners Matt Parkinson (3-28) and Glenn Maxwell (3-39) finished the job.

The final wicket, when Ravi Rampaul skied to Lancashire captain Dane Vilas off Parkinson came with the rain falling across Old Trafford as Lancashire completed their innings victory.

Earlier, Lancs lost Liam Livingstone, who added just one to be out for 71 but Josh Bohannon went on to embellish his overnight maiden century, setting his new career-best at 174, while the 51 from skipper Dane Vilas made him only the fourth player to reach 1,000 County Championship runs this season - and the third in Division Two.

(12-09-2019, 20:06)themaclad Wrote: Some Chesterfield fans sat near me on Monday, as far staying up tough call think only one goes down next season although knowing the ECB could be 7 up and 7 down

I remember when you won Division 1 back in 2011 and the next season you were relegated to Division 2. ECB focusing too much on the one day game and the county and test format has suffered.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Spot on Matt

Lancashire v Middlesex OT 16/9/19 to 19/9/19

The curtain comes down on another season at Old Trafford with the first of the major objectives achieved in promotion the second will be the Championship if we attain six points so sometime on Tuesday when I am there it will be ours.
Last visitors are Middlesex who I personally though would be up there challenging given the players they have, obviously not worked for them this season

Lancashire Head Coach Glen Chapple will be forced to make at least one change for tomorrow's Specsavers County Championship match against Middlesex at Emirates Old Trafford.

Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell's stint at the Club has finished as he today returns to Victoria for the start of the Australian domestic season.

Graham Onions returns to the squad in his place as Chapple names a 13-man squad. Danny Lamb and Steven Croft are the alternative options at Chapple's disposal.

Lancashire squad
Dane Vilas ©, Tom Bailey, Josh Bohannon, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Richard Gleeson, Keaton Jennings, Rob Jones, Danny Lamb, Liam Livingstone, Saqib Mahmood, Graham Onions, Matt Parkinson

Person view don't think this will last 4 days unless Old Trafford ends up like this [Image: download-12.jpg]

With next seasons County Championship likely to be played Febrauary to April and September to October to accomodate more one day and International games not forgetting as well these

[Image: download-13.jpg]

CHAMPIONS

Specsavers County Championship Division Two, Emirates Old Trafford (day one):
Lancashire 259: Livingston 84, Croft 55*; Sowter 3-42, Harris 3-59
Middlesex 39-6: Bailey 5-16
Lancashire 4 pts, Middlesex 3 pts
Scorecard
Lancashire were crowned Division Two champions despite being bowled out for 259 by Middlesex at Old Trafford.

They began the game needing five points to be sure of the title, and their efforts with the bat earned them two.

But second-placed Northamptonshire only managed one of a possible five batting points against Durham, ensuring they can no longer catch the Red Rose club.

Middlesex had 18 overs to bat before the close but ended it in deep trouble on 39-6 as Tom Bailey snapped up 5-16.

Pick your county team of the 2019 season
'Everybody stuck their hand up' to help win promotion
Having secured promotion last week, unbeaten Lancashire slumped to 129-5, with skipper Dane Vilas - who has more than 1,000 Championship runs behind him this summer - lbw to Ethan Bamber for a duck.

Liam Livingstone hit a six and 13 fours in his 84 as he put on 53 with Steven Croft, who later ran out of partners on 55 not out, having reached a 100-ball half-century with a six off James Harris (3-59).

Middlesex soon lost Sam Robson, Nick Gubbins and Dawid Malan to catches by the keeper at the start of their reply - the latter two in the same Bailey over, with Malan departing for a second-ball duck after limply dangling his bat outside off stump.

And paceman Bailey added the wickets of Martin Andersson, Miguel Cummins and Max Holden to secure a second bowling point for his side and leave the visitors in disarray at stumps.

Middlesex began the game seventh in the table and 36 points outside the promotion places - and need to beat Lancashire and Derbyshire next week, with as many bonus points as possible, to have any chance of a top-three finish.

Lancs fast bowlerTom Bailey told BBC Radio Lancashire:

"It's particularly satisfying to win promotion with one and a half games to go. We set that goal at the start of the season and it's good to achieve it.

"The team weren't too happy with the batting. But we've been really good with the bat all year so this is a one-off for those who didn't contribute. And Livingstone and Croft scored crucial runs.

"Then we came out and bowled the way we have all year and it's why we're top of the league. Getting the news that we were champions took the pressure off a little. We were all watching the Northants game and waiting for that last wicket to fall. It was a relief when it did.

"I bowled pretty well but I always seem to do well against Middlesex. I struggled at the start of the season and I didn't really feel myself. I'm not the quickest of bowlers and I pride myself on being economical. But I now feel that I'm bowling like I did last season."

Specsavers County Championship Division Two, Emirates Old Trafford (day two):
Lancashire 259: Livingston 84, Croft 55* & 14-1
Middlesex 337: Simpson 167*, Sowter 52; Bailey 5-78, Parkinson 3-49
Lancashire (5 pts) trail Middlesex (6 pts) by 64 with nine wickets standing
Scorecard
Middlesex wicketkeeper John Simpson hit a superb unbeaten 167 to earn them an unlikely first-innings lead against new Division Two champions Lancashire.

After starting day two on 39-6, the visitors eventually totalled 337 all out, 78 runs in front.

Simpson shared stands of 107, 76 and 94 with James Harris (32), Toby Roland-Jones (32) and Nathan Sowter (52).

He struck a six and 26 fours in a career-best score, with Lancashire 14-1 in their second innings at the close.

Pick your county team of the 2019 season
Middlesex's total was the highest in any first-class game by a side after losing their first six wickets for fewer than 40, beating Northamptonshire's 308 against Surrey in 1947, having been 39-6.

Lancashire failed to take a wicket in the morning session as Simpson and Harris added 98 to the score, but the latter was eventually bowled by a perfect leg-break from Matt Parkinson which turned and clipped off stump.

Simpson reached his hundred off 154 balls with an emphatic pull for four off Tom Bailey and Roland-Jones hit four successive boundaries in an over from Saqib Mahmood before pulling a ball from Parkinson to deep mid-wicket.

Sowter batted well for the second fifty of his career before he was caught at first slip off Mahmood and Lancashire were left to face eight overs after last man Ethan Bamber fell to Parkinson (3-49).

Alex Davies went for a duck when he needlessly swung Miguel Cummins to backward square leg, but Keaton Jennings and nightwatchman Mahmood survived to stumps.

Specsavers County Championship Division Two, Emirates Old Trafford (day four):
Lancashire 259: Livingstone 84* & 347: Jennings 97, Livingstone 68, Croft 40; Cummins 4-50
Middlesex 337: Simpson 167*; Bailey 5-78, Parkinson 3-49 & 165: Andersson 83*, Harris 38; Bailey 5-41
Lancashire (21 pts) beat Middlesex (6 pts) by 104 runs

Promoted Lancashire completed their eighth win in 13 County Championship games in 2019 - and their fifth out of five at Old Trafford - as they finally saw off Middlesex by 104 runs.

Steven Croft (40) helped add 58 runs to the hosts' overnight score of 289-8 as they were bowled out for 347, setting Middlesex 271 to win.

Youngster Martin Andersson served up a career-best 83, but had little support.

After being reduced to 3 for 3, Tom Bailey took 5-41 as Middlesex made 165.

Added to his first-innings 5-78, that meant a match haul of 10-119 from Bailey, who performed the feat for the second time in his career - and both times it has been against Middlesex, having first done it at Lord's in 2017.

The visitors got off to another bad start when Nick Gubbins was bowled playing no shot to Bailey, who then trapped Max Holden leg before wicket next delivery.

Middlesex captain Dawid Malan survived the hat-trick ball, but then completed a pair in the match when he got undone by a ball from Graham Onions which stopped on him as he ballooned a catch off a leading edge to Bailey in the covers.

In the first innings, they had been 34-6, only to fight back to reach 337, earning a first-innings lead of 78, but there was to be no repeat.

Only briefly, when they took tea on 126-5, needing 144 runs to win, did the visitors look to be with a chance.

But, after adding 81 with Andersson, James Harris added just one to his score after the interval, caught behind off Bailey. And that started a slide of the last five Middlesex wicket going down for just 29 runs.

Having sealed silverware on the first day of this match, Lancashire were presented with the Division Two trophy - their third in their four promotion seasons of 2005, 2013 and 2017, when they went up as runners-up to Surrey.

After failing to win in six Championship home games at Old Trafford in 2018, Lancs have this time won all five at county headquarters - their two home draws having been at Aigburth and Sedbergh
Lancs captain Dane Vilas told BBC Radio Lancashire:

"After the disappointment we went through last year it's incredible to be here now and I don't think you could have scripted it any better.

"It was a hard-fought four days against a good side in Middlesex and to win the title here on a lovely Thursday afternoon in front of the members is perfect.

"It's so good to have remained unbeaten, to have played some great cricket and to lift the trophy with a game to go. I feel so proud of the boys and what we've achieved.

"It's going to give me and the whole team great memories. And we're going up with great momentum but it's going to be hard to do well in Division One. We have to come back from the highs of this year and reflect on where we can improve."

Middlesex skipper Dawid Malan told BBC Radio London:

"It's really tough for the batsmen at the moment. Its been a feature of our season that we've been three down inside the first 20 overs.

"We've played on some good wickets but the new ball has done enough and we probably haven't played it as well as we could have done.

"It's a bit doom and gloom but there are positives we can take. Even though we aren't playing as well as we are as a team, we are finding ways to keep a foot in the game.

"And the way Martin Andersson batted after never batting in the top five before was fantastic. There are good signs but we just need to start doing things consistently as a team."

[Image: EE1xz-Jg-XUAAsn24.jpg]

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »