Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
Well...... here we are, still with 3 days of the window left, and all our business done already Confused Huh Huh
I can't help but point out when I said at the beginning of the window we should have replacements at the ready as we had months to sort them out. Our recruitment team were in place, etc, etc I got don't rush it, things will be happening, we will be getting fresh midfielders and attackers. Your just getting all excited - keep taking the tablets. Holgate was set up prior and signed on loan on the 1st.
Let just update what has happened since then = Barnes - Burke - Sako - Wilson have left.
(28-01-2019, 20:55)Phil Penn Wrote: I can't help but point out when I said at the beginning of the window we should have replacements at the ready as we had months to sort them out. Our recruitment team were in place, etc, etc  I got don't rush it, things will be happening, we will be getting fresh midfielders and attackers. Your just getting all excited - keep taking the tablets. Holgate was set up prior and signed on loan on the 1st.
Let just update what has happened since then =  Barnes - Burke - Sako - Wilson have left.

Don't worry PP, I am sure there are queues of 35 year old freebies the board are scanning ready for deadline day. Don't think the club will spend anything unless we lose somebody like Dawson. Big Dave will have a weaker squad come February 1st.
(28-01-2019, 23:50)SomersetBaggie Wrote:
(28-01-2019, 20:55)Phil Penn Wrote: I can't help but point out when I said at the beginning of the window we should have replacements at the ready as we had months to sort them out. Our recruitment team were in place, etc, etc  I got don't rush it, things will be happening, we will be getting fresh midfielders and attackers. Your just getting all excited - keep taking the tablets. Holgate was set up prior and signed on loan on the 1st.
Let just update what has happened since then =  Barnes - Burke - Sako - Wilson have left.

Don't worry PP, I am sure there are queues of 35 year old freebies the board are scanning ready for deadline day. Don't think the club will spend anything unless we lose somebody like Dawson. Big Dave will have a weaker squad come February 1st.

Joking apart with Holgate coming in and Tosin hanging around also Howkins not going back out on loan - I did fear Dawson or Hegazi would be sold?
I'm not really interested in any more loans i'd rather play our youngsters. I've banged the drum long enough for them to be given a good run in the first team. With injuries, suspensions and a couple of leavers they have had a game or two. They need a good run, if they get benched again as soon as others are back. I couldn't blame them if they decided it was better they move on, which would be madness.
Hey Phil, I know we don't always agree but I'm with you 100% on this one.
NO MORE 34 YEAR OLDS /MATES OF BD PLEASE!
Our youngsters held their own against, as I understand it, a fairly strong B&HA team on Saturday. Coming in for an almost 1-off game is never easy but they apparently did very well. For them to do this and then be mothballed again would be totally wrong, especially if old uns are brought in and played at their expense.
We NEED energy, drive, and motivated players to mix with the experience we've already got in the squad.
As you say, what's the point of an academy if the players are picked, do well then are basically ignored? Not rocket science is it! Thumb up
BaggieSteve likes this post
Latest Mings in talks with Villa as Bournemouth want most of the loan fee paying
So broke Villa down the road now seemingly have more than a team with parachute payments and a net spend where we spent -12 Million in the summer....
Why stoke are buying Vokes from Burnley for 9 million.

WBA are signing

2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
We don't need or want Mings we're well stocked in defence.
A good striker in the Dack mould to get HRK out is the best we can do atm
Didn't say we needed Mings, just pointing out other teams spending money why we are just scratching round for loans at least I think we are, as I mentioned before Bournemouth want most if the loan fee so WBA bulked at that yet Villa are fine with it ? Wow Confused

#avfc edging closer to a deal for Tyrone Mings, though nothing agreed yet. #wba interest has cooled. Scott Hogan is poised to join Sheffield United on loan.
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(29-01-2019, 21:50)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Didn't say we needed Mings, just pointing out other teams spending money why we are just scratching round for loans at least I think we are, as I mentioned before Bournemouth want most if the loan fee so WBA bulked at that yet Villa are fine with it ? Wow  Confused

#avfc edging closer to a deal for Tyrone Mings, though nothing agreed yet. #wba interest has cooled. Scott Hogan is poised to join Sheffield United on loan.

We're being run on a shoestring, the sooner we understand that the better.  Doh  Obviously that was the price Darren paid to become manager.
The most important piece of business for us has to be a left sided midfielder. We have lost Barnes and Sako and have only Edwards as a natural left winger. Morrison is an option as a drifting player allowing Gibbs to overlap in space.

All I wish is Darren to look outside of the U.K. for a change. British based players is not the be and all end all. Mulumbu, Odemwingie, Rondon, Olsson, Gera etc all came from abroad.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »