Thread Rating:
Jan 03: WBA 2018/19 Transfer Window
To be honest, the way things are happening/NOT happening in B71, I would welcome O Dam Winge and Fat Boy back. The outlook is very bleak. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
Remember this guy Rolleyes Yuning Zhang

He has joined ADO Den Haag on Season Long Loan!

http://www.football-oranje.com/ado-den-h...west-brom/

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...s-14819167
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
May I refer you to the post above...... and the text in your link that everyone and their dog are getting stronger....... But from B71..... Nothing,nil,zip,zilch. Would Chairman Gouchan get his money back from the sale of WBA assets because I have visions of the Bhatti bros....... DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
I just wonder why our fans go through the same thing every transfer window? It would seem that a lot would have us sign anybody as long as it was done early!
Have we actually thought that, just perhaps, the Club are busy trying to convince our current squad to remain a Baggie. If the bulk of our Prem squad stay at the Hawthorns then just how many new players will we need and in what positions?
The way I see it is that until we establish who is staying and on what terms then we don't exactly know who we need to bring in.

I just wish people would calm down.
Tidy, a good post, my concerns, although I know we do a lot of our business out of the limelight, is the season starts in 42 days I would like a confirmed squad sooner rather than later, not any old body but the right players in / out, the new team will need time to gel and get match fit, the window shuts before kick off, we have/ had an old squad, four players out already, no signs of players in, we were slow last season, squad needs work, that needs time, result need players in sooner than normal ....... I still have faith but would be happier with quality in and training ......
What gets to me, Tidy, is the need for the "Window"!
We know damned well that Agents tell their "Clients" to wait for better offers upto midnight of the Window Closure. That's when frantic dealings are all done, and desperate Clubs cause the ridiculous inflation that we've got now. If there was no Window, dealings would happen naturally throughout the Year. The FA say The Window helps to keep inflation down, but that's utter crap - it does exactly the opposite.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Any player that actually signs now can’t start at the club until the 1st July so we shouldn’t panic just yet.

Bobby Reid should be signed soon and then the ball should start rolling.
Derby want £11 million for Vydra. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foot...om-1705336

I’d like to see us sign Vydra from Derby and then try to get Ahmed Musa on loan from Leicester City for the season. We were linked with him in January. Then we’ll be left with needing a similar player to Rondon as his replacement (unless he decides to stay).

Rondon/replacement (target man), Vydra (goal scorer), Musa (pace) and Reid (no 10) as our forwards.
(23-06-2018, 15:27)WBA-Josh Wrote: Any player that actually signs now can’t start at the club until the 1st July so we shouldn’t panic just yet.

Derby want £11 million for Vydra. https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foot...om-1705336

I’d like to see us sign Vydra from Derby and then try to get Ahmed Musa on loan from Leicester City for the season. We were linked with him in January. Then we’ll be left with needing a similar player to Rondon as his replacement (unless he decides to stay).

Rondon/replacement (target man), Vydra (goal scorer), Musa (pace) and Reid (no 10) as our forwards.

I would like a few more incomers - Dack - Flint maybe a Goalkeeper to mentor Palmer and back up for Foster
We must bring Field in as a regular and blood 2 or 3 of our other kids.
I am getting concerned as the changes will to many to fast. 
Gone 1. McAuley  2. Myhill  3. Yacob  4.  GBor  5. Sturridge  6. Greg
Possible players to leave  McClean - HRK - Chadli - J Rod - Rondon - Dawson - Barry 
The successful teams don't do this many changes - could be hard season ahead.
(24-06-2018, 00:58)Phil Penn Wrote:
(23-06-2018, 15:27)WBA-Josh Wrote: Any player that actually signs now can’t start at the club until the 1st July so we shouldn’t panic just yet.

I would like a few more incomers - Dack - Flint maybe a Goalkeeper to mentor Palmer and back up for Foster
We must bring Field in as a regular and blood 2 or 3 of our other kids.
I am getting concerned as the changes will to many to fast. 
Gone 1. McAuley  2. Myhill  3. Yacob  4.  GBor  5. Sturridge  6. Greg
Possible players to leave  McClean - HRK - Chadli - J Rod - Rondon - Dawson - Barry 
The successful teams don't do this many changes - could be hard season ahead.

My sentiments exactly. Possible 13 outs. I would like to read somewhere that WBA are interested in player X from the Bundesliga, Eridvise(sp), Ligue 1, Spain Portugal, outer Mongolia. Don`t care if it`s Fake news. Need something to keep the flame of hope flickering on the candle. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
Ben Foster! Watford offering him a chance to play Premier League - but surely after all he said, this is just gossip?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »