Thread Rating:
WBA Transfer Window - Final Day
All of West Brom's players will have their wages halved if the Baggies are relegated this season, while Northern Ireland defender Jonny Evans, 30, would be allowed to leave for £3m. (Express & Star)

There`s your incentive boys. Trouble is it won`t work. They will just walk away and no one will come in. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
(24-01-2018, 23:56)Salopbaggie Wrote: Liverpool and Everton tracking Rondon why would they with the strikers they have?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...m-14199410

Liverpool can't keep hold of Sturridge forever. I'd give them Rondon + £10m (and pay him his current salary).....if only he'd come.
Bit of an outlay, but he'd keep us up, saving Lai a fortune .
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(25-01-2018, 10:22)talkSAFT Wrote:
(24-01-2018, 23:56)Salopbaggie Wrote: Liverpool and Everton tracking Rondon why would they with the strikers they have?

Liverpool can't keep hold of Sturridge forever. I'd give them Rondon + £10m (and pay him his current salary).....if only he'd come.  

Saft I have to say Rondon looks more Hungry since Putrid left. He's getting more opportunities and having a go. es I know he still doesn't get enough goals per chance than Sturridge would but Sturridge albeit a brilliant striker is always injured.

If he doesn't fancy it at Liverpool with the way they attack, he's not gonna bust a gonad for us, plus Rondon and £10m? I would go for a straight swap if a deal was to be done, no way would I give any money as well. Just my opinion mate Thumb up
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(25-01-2018, 10:11)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: All of West Brom's players will have their wages halved if the Baggies are relegated this season, while Northern Ireland defender Jonny Evans, 30, would be allowed to leave for £3m. (Express & Star)

There`s your incentive boys. Trouble is it won`t work. They will just walk away and no one will come in. DD  Angry  Angry

Wowza - that's some incentive!
Surely they won't be able to 'just walk away' if they're on contracts?
Markovic now linked
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/25/wes...inging-in/
(25-01-2018, 12:48)drewks Wrote:
(25-01-2018, 10:11)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: All of West Brom's players will have their wages halved if the Baggies are relegated this season, while Northern Ireland defender Jonny Evans, 30, would be allowed to leave for £3m. (Express & Star)

There`s your incentive boys. Trouble is it won`t work. They will just walk away and no one will come in. DD  Angry  Angry

That is some big incentive. If they want to not only keep the club up but also stay as Premier League players then they will have to perform to the best of their abilities. If they don't then they are not spiffing professionals.

(25-01-2018, 15:16)drewks Wrote: Markovic now linked

Interesting link. Never made the grade with Liverpool but does have good ability. He is probably an alternative to Schurrle if that move doesn't happen. However Markovic is a right winger whereas Schurrle is a left winger so maybe Dancing Pards wants them both.
(25-01-2018, 15:35)WBA-Josh Wrote:
(25-01-2018, 12:48)drewks Wrote:

That is some big incentive. If they want to not only keep the club up but also stay as Premier League players then they will have to perform to the best of their abilities. If they don't then they are not spiffing professionals.

(25-01-2018, 15:16)drewks Wrote: Markovic now linked

Interesting link. Never made the grade with Liverpool but does have good ability. He is probably an alternative to Schurrle if that move doesn't happen. However Markovic is a right winger whereas Schurrle is a left winger so maybe Dancing Pards wants them both.
.....can't honestly see Schurrrrrle happening at all tho, can you - probably got more chance of landing 'arry Kane...
I thought the same thing when we were linked with Krychowiak......

With Schurrle, he has had injury problems for the past couple of years and he isn't going to get back to full fitness and form sitting on the bench in Dortmund. A loan to a lower club is what he needs so he either stays in Germany or comes back to England. We are as good a club as any at getting players back to full fitness and form so he'd be wise to come to us for 6 months.

If not then we have Chadli coming back soon to play on our left wing.
(25-01-2018, 11:06)Worldclassalbion Wrote:
(25-01-2018, 10:22)talkSAFT Wrote:

Saft I have to say Rondon looks more Hungry since Putrid left. He's getting more opportunities and having a go. es I know he still doesn't get enough goals per chance than Sturridge would but Sturridge albeit a brilliant striker is always injured.

If he doesn't fancy it at Liverpool with the way they attack, he's not gonna bust a gonad for us, plus Rondon and £10m? I would go for a straight swap if a deal was to be done, no way would I give any money as well. Just my opinion mate Thumb up

WCA, Rondon's come on a lot since the Coaching change, dovetailing with JR. But only a month ago I'd have taken £10m in a flash, and that would probably have been to the Championship - he was that poor imo.
He's working harder, playing with more intelligence, but not finding the net, which we know Sturridge can. Maybe Sturridge's injury record drops his price a bit, but I bet Klopp wouldn't take less than 25 for him.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(25-01-2018, 15:50)WBA-Josh Wrote: I thought the same thing when we were linked with Krychowiak......

With Schurrle, he has had injury problems for the past couple of years and he isn't going to get back to full fitness and form sitting on the bench in Dortmund. A loan to a lower club is what he needs so he either stays in Germany or comes back to England. We are as good a club as any at getting players back to full fitness and form so he'd be wise to come to us for 6 months.

If not then we have Chadli coming back soon to play on our left wing.

OK......convinced.....I'll get on the phone right now and fix it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »