Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn) being linked with us, he is a CB, but he is 33 years old. Surely there is a talented young player somewhere in the PL who is available to buy or get on a season long loan. Huh
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
Why am I not surprised, a 30+ Scott.

Becoming a bad joke this. Starting to wonder what kind of advice DC is receiving.
For a team that finished in the top six twice isnt it odd that other clubs only want our keeper and Hirst?

Says a lot...
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
At the moment we will take anyone as it has got to the last ditch bargian bin ... again Doh and personaly id rather they got Larry may out of his retirement from the blackpool donkeys home than play pudil at center back Doh the club is still being run by fools Angry and thats Dc fault at the end of the day Thumb down

same tactics same manager same plan Sleeping Cry Sleepy Sleepy Angry
1 new player bought when 5 are needed at least Doh
hangers on matiass & nuhui and others still at the club Angry
no kit for the fans to get at least 3 minutes of enjoyment before the season of torture starts Doh
prestigous club Rangers ffs are you joking me they are form scotland Doh
not giving enough youngsters a chance including snubbing hirst Angry

is this the worst pre season since the 70s ? im saying it is its feffing awfull Thumb down even when tits like pleat, laws,irvine,jones etc had the power they tried to do something different the coming season and we signed a few players all be it complete shit but the thought was there Whistle

exspect the same as last season ... nowhere near the top pack come xmas and the playoffs is all we will achieve Doh
Statesideowl and Maddix like this post
In 5 years time Man Citeh will be selling George Hirst to Real Madrid for £200 million and we won't even have a f'ucking sell on clause Angry
and complicated
Fessi didn't measure up to his previous season's performance. He should have to fight for starting spot. Fletcher is a better version of nuhiu but he does score. Winall might come good but not played enough. Rhodes and Hooper are good. Jaoa and Nuhiu should be sold. Hirst can run rings around them. That leaves 5 strikers including Hirst. Allowing for injuries and slumps in form that should allow Hirst to get game time.
"God Save the King."
I think everyone seems to think Hirst is his dad, if he IS good enough he will get games ..personally I believe he needs a season on loan at a league 1 club to prove he can do the business with the big boys , how many times have clubs had the next great thing ... only for them to fade into obscurity , not one of us on here has coached at a high level, let them get on with the job of getting Wednesday where we belong and stop the obsession with one player who may (or may not) be a good striker !!!
Jacko The Flopsy Piglet, St Charles Owl, Washington like this post
Neighbourhood Neanderthal knuckledragger
i think jr Hirst has better qualitys than his dad although his movement is spitting image Thumb up and while im not a top coach ive studied the game enough over 30 odd years to have an opinion managed sunday league teams and played at a top level in mexico all be it ? so i dont know why youre defending that prick of a manager wereham when deep down you know we will only fail like we have the last 2 seasons Smartass Hirst is worth a place on the bench to learn thats all everyone i think is saying on here ? and shunning one of the BEST NATURAL talents in the game at THIS MOMENT is insane Angry all i want is for the lad to be brought on instead of wasting time on others that week after week have done feff all season after season and why will they do any different next year ? is Nuhui suddenly going to score 10 goals from the bench Laugh or joao even Laugh feff fessi who is a wanker fletcher & hooper struggle to score 10 let alone not be injured ? Rhodes is the only hope next season and hes not filling me or anyone with confidence after last ? and then theres winnall knee jerk worst signing ever token pub league player Doh
I wouldn't let young Hirst anywhere near the pub leagues Doh he'd get the shit kicked out of him and almost certainly ruined by half arsed journeymen looking to prove they're hard and can spell their tattoo's almost right. At least in the Championship most teams try to play football and not murder the opposition so I'd rather he was blooded at this level from our bench. If he turns out to be shite then so be it. It's not as though it will cost us any points if he fails because no f'ucker else comes on and wins us a game anyway Doh

And yes Wereham, I have coached and played at semi professional level Whistle
and complicated
Don Megson next into the Dream Scene.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/...-1-8667337

Sounds to me like we've pissed all the money away..
Carlos says if we'd needed to pay a fee for Boyd we wouldn't have signed him. So if not on a free we would have no signings thus far.
Other teams are taking the gamble because it's a possibility. And what difference would it make having an embargo? We don't sign players without one ffs!!!
Already fked this season up...
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »