Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
Coyle gone at Blackburn. What a chicken shit outfit Whistle
and complicated
ok there wankers are voting on a top 10 team to put in some photo for the 150 years shit !!! anyone can vote but you must email it like some prehistoric pile of shit ? and like i did comment on the facebook link there are more younger knobheads like thurny still alive to actually believe that dicannio deserves a place in that set up Doh so i thought it would be nice if we just got charlie to send in our vote for top 10 not 11 not 12 not 15 pieowl ffs Doh and thats that !! how should we do it ? but we have to act fast meaning xxxx sort it out charlie you lazy c---unt Whistle

website@swfc.co.uk

so they want 10 legends not the 10 best players Whistle legends !!!!! our first has to be the 1935 cup winning captain doesnt it ? followed by the last cup winning captain ? dont they go straight into the photo Thumb up and then it has to be roy of the rovers himself zico with TC doesnt it ? remember we are taking legends not gifted players although Hirst and waddle tick both boxes Thumb up so thats 6 xxxx me this is easy Whistle 4 left then ???? springett maybe as the only player ever to play for England in goal ??? or Bob bolder fans favourite ?? hard one remember stay on legends not gifted technical players Whistle Whistle
Lyons then with mark smith shirtliffe shelton megson varadi banno marwood blair and im sure pieowl has simular type players that didnt win xxxx all aswell and then there is the glory years palmer shezza bright king harkes worthington viv trevor etc etc etc Whistle ?????? certainly not any xxxx itailian money grabbing 90s middle of the road eurotrash Angry who else then ..... Antonio Laugh Laugh Laugh madine Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh ryan lowe Laugh Laugh Laugh yep scrap the last 30 years then Whistle back to tommy tynan and the 70s fellows who i cant remember but i know they gave there all in them dark times ...legends remember not just winners ?

here goes then this is my team for the pic

Bolder
zico
Tc
pearson
shezza
lyons
rimmer
waddle
hirst
banno

i feel bad leaving imre out but truth be known he wasnt here long enough to be in the team Thumb up
I would definitely add Roland Nilsson to that team. Top goalscorer ever for us is Andrew Wilson, he could claim a place as well. As for goalkeeper, for me Hodge, Pressman and Ron Springett would be before Bolder. I would also include Mark Smith instead of Mick Lyons, Lyons didn't play enough for us to be ahead of Smith.

Just to add as well, Bannister wouldn't get anywhere near my team, I would have Hirst alongside either Wilson, Fantham or even Dooley.

My team would be:

Pressman
Sterland
Pearson
Smith
Worthington
Sheridan
Waddle
Hirst
Wilson
Nilsson
Curran

Honorable mentions go to both Megsons, Ron Springett, Martin Hodge, Des Walker and carlton Palmer.
we are talking about legends charlie the names that sang out even on a wet windy night in bloody Blackpool before they had half a ground Huh Banno kind of hurts me as he has pledged his faith to QPR Doh but you couldnt beat that chorus of bannister bannister bannister Thumb up and as for lyons again an Evertonian first Doh but the blood he spilled in his 3 years here was tremendous Thumb up Smith like shirtliffe top notch wednesday legends ill give you that Thumb up its not an easy one when picking 10 for me there should be at least 40 in that team Thumb up
Ellis Rimmer scored in every round including 2 in the final when we won the fa cup in 1935.

Scored 122 goals in 382 apps.

What about Derek Dooley or is his association with the Grunters a stumbling block??
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
he lifted the FACUP it will never happen again thats good enough for me !!!

Dooley for me is or was a pig the end ! he didnt just flirt with them like TC and Imre he got married bye bye !!!
Obviously Dooley didn't play many games for us but he does hold the record for goals in a single season, one that will never be beaten. I don't mind him going to the blunts after the way we treated him when he was fired as manager.

I get what you are saying about Bannister, he just didn't for me do enough to be a legend on the pitch and not above others mentioned.
Well in the end ive just sent them 2 in as the rest will pick themselves but zico & Varadi for me are more relevent than any others !!!
Surprised you are overlooking teams of the 60s when we were at our peak. Fantham, Bobby Craig and Springett would definitely be in my team. Along with Dooley.
"God Save the King."
(23-02-2017, 19:17)peiowl Wrote: Surprised you are overlooking teams of the 60s when we were at our peak. Fantham, Bobby Craig and Springett would definitely be in my team. Along with Dooley.
And David Ford ??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »