Thread Rating:
Everton vs WBA - Match Thread
Doesn't sound like it was all that pretty but, it's another point towards safety.

I'll take that.

Still undefeated under Tony!! Thumb up Big Grin
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Good away point and points are what we need atm, lets worry about pretty football when we are safe/next season. I can almost guarantee we would have lost that under AI, and quite comfortably too. We need more pace and TP knows it.
Stairs likes this post
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
Moving up12 Everton 22 -4 23
Moving down13 Crystal Palace 22 -8 23
Moving up14 West Brom 22 -9 22
Moving down15 Aston Villa 22 -14 22
No movement16 Sunderland 22 -14 20
No movement17 Burnley 22 -15 20
No movement18 Hull 22 -10 19
No movement19 QPR 22 -16 19
No movement20 Leicester 22 -14 17

Moving down Aston Villa what a lovely sound  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh
I can go a step higher than Aston Villa
(19-01-2015, 23:52)Stairs Wrote: Well that was a good job done!

Not many teams down the bottom will go there and get a point let alone 3.

This is all about survival first, attacking football second.

Well played everyone. You worked your socks off.

That's true Stairs, BUT I've got to say again that I'm really concerned with the countless times we just handed possession back to them - worse than I've seen us in ages in that way. Thankfully for us Everton couldn't take advantage; I know they didn't have many (if any) absolute clear cut chances, but we could realistically have lost by 4 or 5 even if Everton had been prepared to shoot a bit more.

Got to be mightily pleased with a point, and I'm sure we'd have all taken one before the game.......but I'm back to be more than slightly worried with the team selection, lack of ambition, and ball possession.
If any team had played us at The Hawthorns like we did tonight we'd've slated them.

Phew! Doh
talkSAFT likes this post
Great away point.

Good games for CY and JL, but not one shot on target, first time in three years. Brunt, to say he was awful would be an understatement and I quite like Brunt.
It wasn't pretty but it's a results business and we need to dig in to be playing
Premier League football next year. Certainly did that tonight.

For sure, we need more quality on the break than we had to pose a threat of
winning these games - but it's a breath of fresh air to just be getting points
on the board. I'd like to see Samaras instead of Ideye, I think he's got a lot
more quality on the break. Ideye looks like a complete pig in a poke to tell
the truth.

The good thing is, we're battling, digging in and if we can make a few decent
additions to pick the right pass going forward, we should be playing Premier
League football next season.
Sorry to say it, chaps, but that was very boring and I don't know why I had looked forward to watching it. Sad
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
(19-01-2015, 23:37)WillieJohnstonsGreenhouse Wrote: Wow Talksaft, never heard you so negative - even after all the rubbish you've had to endure.
Sorry, Willie. I'm chuffed with a point of course, but it looked to me like - even if Everton had scored the penalty - we wouldn't have bothered crossing the 1/2 way line. It was like watching the Villa (hahahahaha).
I'm not one of these Premier-at-all-costs type. I'd rather be in League 2 than set teams out like that. We defended brilliantly, but what happens when Yacob gets sent off? Or we give away another penalty? Or we play teams with a bit more imagination?
The Club should pay our followers' petrol money for taking 1/2 day and spending a fortune to watch that.
We got the valuable point.
We are in the transfer window and will get a few new players.
This is not the time for pretty football over getting results.
When we are clear of the bottom and another season secured we can play expansive attacking football but not away v Everton.
Remember the last 5 games of the season - I'd take 5 boring 0-0 results and 5 points from those matches!
'That's true Stairs, BUT I've got to say again that I'm really concerned with the countless times we just handed possession back to them - worse than I've seen us in ages in that way. Thankfully for us Everton couldn't take advantage; I know they didn't have many (if any) absolute clear cut chances, but we could realistically have lost by 4 or 5 even if Everton had been prepared to shoot a bit more.'

I could be wrong but I will give TP the benefit of the doubt and say he called that perfectly. For all their possession they never looked like scoring - our defenders were solid and we frustrated the doo-dah out of them.

Nicking it on the break would have been the icing on the cake and I hope he addresses it but I am one happy Baggie tonight
I can go a step higher than Aston Villa
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »