Thread Rating:
Trump Watch activated!
I'd call it systemic racism Jim and it really has been festering for years. The most sickening aspect of this latest incident is the familiarity of it all AGAIN!!!! Deja vu - unarmed black Americans murdered by the Police!! That Floyd killer, Chauvin, IMO should be executed to send out a strong message to all people like him who are racists, act with impunity and they can callously kill people, murder them as observed last week. Unfortunately Minneapolis has abolished the death pen since 1911. So that aint gonna happen. Also why have Chauvin's three Police accomplices not been charged!!?
I notice Trump is "holed up" in the White House with the lights out after doing his usual, "pouring kerosene on the fire". He "opened his big trap" AGAIN but this time thousands of Washington DC protesters not liking what he's saying (shooting demonstrators? WTF!!!!) and descending on the White House with 50 policemen already injured. Some of this stuff that US Police, politicians etc have been getting away with for years is akin to the extreme criminal actions of the worst past political regimes in the likes of S America. A shocker!!
Trump authorised tear gassing peaceful protesters last night in order to get a photo shoot!!!?? They call the USA the Land of the Free???? Another soundbite that is full of bullshit when one dissects that assertion!! I think the USA needs a civil war esp when their nutty President threatens to call out the army to fight his own people - disgraceful as has been various previous inciting statements!! Thumb down
He has declared war on the American people and on the 1st amendment. He's fanning the flames deliberately, he is a massive threat to America and its way of life.
(02-06-2020, 18:56)hibeejim21 Wrote: He has declared war on the American people and on the 1st amendment. He's fanning the flames deliberately, he is a massive threat to America and its way of life.

He has threatened to declare war on the American people, not actually done anything yet aside from the atrocious scenes from DC yesterday. November can't come quick enough for me, he is alienating a lot of people, most of whom would not be his supporters anyway but hopefully will be pissed off enough to go out and vote. His base is still supporting him, just go to make sure that non-Trump Republicans and independents either switch allegiance or simply don't bother to vote.

My biggest fear is he will use all this unrest to try to postpone the election or simply refuse to accept the result if it goes against him. I have no idea how the constitution will deal with that scenario but you have to imagine the more logical and sane part of the GOP would finally stand up and tell him to go do one at that point!!
Trump apparently wants his own armed forces to shoot people protesting against the actions of this turd that is stuck under a lot of peoples shoes. I don't condone violence, looting or any of the other shit that some are taking advantage of, but how the hell does the POTUS condone this scum bag and violence against his own people? Oh, yeah. The Gun Lobby. If you can't beat 'em (to death), shoot 'em.

[Image: dMN77W3nBKzfvSBN0s8y0q7wf2ZxDIMwwNJNaTcP...authuser=0]
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(02-06-2020, 19:19)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 18:56)hibeejim21 Wrote: He has declared war on the American people and on the 1st amendment. He's fanning the flames deliberately, he is a massive threat to America and its way of life.

He has threatened to declare war on the American people, not actually done anything yet aside from the atrocious scenes from DC yesterday.  November can't come quick enough for me, he is alienating a lot of people, most of whom would not be his supporters anyway but hopefully will be pissed off enough to go out and vote.  His base is still supporting him, just go to make sure that non-Trump Republicans and independents either switch allegiance or simply don't bother to vote.

My biggest fear is he will use all this unrest to try to postpone the election or simply refuse to accept the result if it goes against him.  I have no idea how the constitution will deal with that scenario but you have to imagine the more logical and sane part of the GOP would finally stand up and tell him to go do one at that point!!

When you start using the aggressive language he has like 'dominating' protestors and 'shooting looters' then I don't see how it can't be seen as an all out attack on americas constitution and people.

However I think your fears are right going by the kind of stuff he's said about mail in ballots of late. He is bricking it about November, remember the polls were heading downwards even before this poor mans murder due to his shambolic handling of the Covid crisis.

The riots have presented him a huge opportunity to re-energize his base, and he is taking it with his bible toting stunt. Wanker.

I'm going to stay hopeful that America gets shot of this malignant xxxx pig, a failed tv show host, a total chancer, a tax cheat, a draft dodging coward, a professional idiot with zero gravitas in anything he says. Please make it happen.
0762 likes this post
I suppose what I was trying to say is in typical Trump fashion he says these things but rarely does he follow through with them. He is all about the sound bite, the instant media message that galvanizes his base and gets them thumping their chests, they as a whole group of sheep never bother to check if he actually does what he told them he would do!!!! If they would take their blinkers off for just one minute they would see its all rhetoric with no action!!
0762 likes this post
Re rarely delivering what he promises, "Is he ever gonna build that wall" (another good "sales pitch" that he was never gonna get the capital to achieve) lol!!?
(02-06-2020, 23:37)0762 Wrote: Re rarely delivering what he promises, "Is he ever gonna build that wall" (another good "sales pitch" that he was never gonna get the capital to achieve) lol!!?

The wall story was a good one from him!! I live about an hour or so from the Mexican border in California and I can tell you before he came to power there was already a barrier between the US and Mexico across the vast majority of the border, through CA, into Arizona and New Mexico. The only real stretch without a barrier is where the Rio Grande forms the actual border, and there aren't many people crossing there!! The vast majority of immigrants come into the country via an official port of entry, with airports being the biggest chunk of that!!!

But like most fascists, it was all about his attempt to isolate immigrants, and in particular Mexicans as a common enemy that his base could blame everything on!! Its a classic tactic by the right.
It's all Twitter engineering, written by a complete and utter Twat, or Twatter written by a complete and utter Twit. Whilst I somewhat admire old farts (a few years beyond me) embracing technology to engage with the yoof and maybe their peers, when they constantly behave as if they've just drained a 2nd bottle of plonk of the day (even at 08:00) or discovered the keys to mummy's drinks cabinet, they really should take a breath before clicking Send on Twatter.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »