Thread Rating:
Next WBA Manager - All News, Rumours & Speculation
(13-03-2019, 11:32)Phil Penn Wrote:
(13-03-2019, 10:17)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Typicall........

Preston boss Alex Neil emerges as candidate in #wba's managerial hunt. Search could now drag on into international break as caretaker James Shan plans for next two games https://t.co/90s7IWn7z0

Looks like the £35k a week and £2million promotion bonus has given Jenkins palpitations. As Fulham are paying him while on gardening leave his price looks Ok - when we pay Tosin £64k a week? Anyway. It's over to PNE Alex Neil - well that's until they want £2 million compensation. The pantomime season has reopened. Jenkins nickname is Fagin!  Let Shan win a couple of games and Fagin will think he's a cheap option???

Let's just look at this logically, We paid Pulis £2 million severance pay for failure, but to pay £2 million bonus for promotion (success)  is a NO NO  
Say's it all.really.

That makes no sense at all..... IF all the facts & figures quoted are true. They ARE all based on press articles, after all.
Even if they are all accurate, it may be that they are just part of the whole picture.
All I'm saying is let's not make the mistake of jumping to a conclusion based on information that may not be correct
(13-03-2019, 13:17)drewks Wrote:
(13-03-2019, 11:32)Phil Penn Wrote:
(13-03-2019, 10:17)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Typicall........

Preston boss Alex Neil emerges as candidate in #wba's managerial hunt. Search could now drag on into international break as caretaker James Shan plans for next two games https://t.co/90s7IWn7z0

Looks like the £35k a week and £2million promotion bonus has given Jenkins palpitations. As Fulham are paying him while on gardening leave his price looks Ok - when we pay Tosin £64k a week? Anyway. It's over to PNE Alex Neil - well that's until they want £2 million compensation. The pantomime season has reopened. Jenkins nickname is Fagin!  Let Shan win a couple of games and Fagin will think he's a cheap option???

Let's just look at this logically, We paid Pulis £2 million severance pay for failure, but to pay £2 million bonus for promotion (success)  is a NO NO  
Say's it all.really.

That makes no sense at all..... IF all the facts & figures quoted are true. They ARE all based on press articles, after all.
Even if they are all accurate, it may be that they are just part of the whole picture.
All I'm saying is let's not make the mistake of jumping to a conclusion based on information that may not be correct

You maybe correct, we will never know the true facts so we can only try and add up what we can see. Best Guess only.
A few rumours going around Jokanovic actually wants to be paid and Jenkins has shite himself.
So no surprise there then.... Laugh Doh
alannixon@dailymail
Expensive. If not offered enough wont happen. Amazed they didn’t do better homework. https://t.co/dFgdlFlWzG
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
There's a circus in the town in the town,
Mark Jenkins is a clown is a clown,
Guochain Lai has no f****** clue,
And the Albion are back in poo, back in poo!!

What a sorry state we are!!!!

COYB
(13-03-2019, 19:15)Beefy 1965 Wrote: A few rumours going around Jokanovic actually wants to be paid and Jenkins has shite himself.
So no surprise there then....   Laugh  Doh
alannixon@dailymail
Expensive. If not offered enough wont happen. Amazed they didn’t do better homework. https://t.co/dFgdlFlWzG

ha ha ha I said in my previous post we will flunk it coz we wont pay his extra easter egg pocket money
here we go again then? If you're happy to terminate a managers contract (BD in this case) and you want a better qualified man to take the job
then you need to stump up whatever it takes to achieve the goal you've set out to achieve (promotion) and was the reason you sacked the current manager
in the first place? Am I making sense? PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS!
(13-03-2019, 19:15)Beefy 1965 Wrote: A few rumours going around Jokanovic actually wants to be paid and Jenkins has shite himself.
So no surprise there then....   Laugh  Doh
alannixon@dailymail

Here I go again with my guess on the stumbling blocks we are up against.

It was reported 5 years ago when Jokanovic was Watford manager he was on a basic salary of £1 million and £1 million of linked bonuses?
So £2 million and £2 million promotion bonus sounds about right in today's market place IMO
Jenkins Fagin impersonation won't impress Jokanovic - he's is probably getting £30K/wk gardening leave from Fulham for another 2 years yet?
Still don't get it really - more then likely an issue about what funds would be available to revamp the team as well as his salary.

I can see it now, "We have job for you young man".
Jenkins = We have just dismissed our last manager who we were paying a pittance? - he got us £12 million surplus on transfers funds and has kept us in a play off position all season. Using loan players and youngsters from our academy? Our brilliant new recruitment team assembled in the last 6 months managed to purchase nobody in the January window. Thumb up
All you have to do is convince us your the man to replace him and can do better in all areas with less funds. Smartass
Jokanovic = That will be a "NO THANKS" then. Laugh
aries22 likes this post
I hate to be negative, but I'm really getting the feeling that we're fucked.
I disagree with the common theme that we are a 'circus', 'joke', 'in the sh*te' etc...

Why? Because we haven't teleported a new manager into post?

It's been 4 days since Moore was sacked...

IMO we were in the sh*te under Moore's regime, having not won a game at home this year! And only 2 wins at home since October...

We got our arses handed to us by everyone at the top at home this year... Derby, Boro, Shef Utd.... Forest deserved to beat us...

I'd rather wait for 7-14 days to get a new manager who at least gives us a hope in the playoffs than stick with Moore, who probably wouldn't even get us to the playoffs based on current form.

As for Jokanovic, if he's on a full Premier League salary during 'gardening leave' that he will sacrifice when he gets a new job, then it will not be a 2 minute negotiation that everyone seems to think it will. But i'd rather wait for the right deal to be struck than rush into something.

Of course, we might screw it up, but let's face it, we were going nowhere under Moore who couldn't even put a side together to beat the likes of Ipswich, Brentford, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday and so on at home.
Stairs likes this post
Maybe it would have helped if the club hadn't of stated to the press they would get someone in for the Swansea game..
When is that again?

So something has obviously gone wrong...
Our board just don't know what they are doing Angry
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(13-03-2019, 22:59)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Maybe it would have helped if the club hadn't of stated to the press they would get someone in for the Swansea game..
When is that again?

So something has obviously gone wrong...
Our board just don't know what they are doing  Angry

It's another Jenkins statement - it's our own fault for believing anything that comes from his mouth.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »