Thread Rating:
WBA vs QPR & Sheff Utd - Match Thread
Kenny, stairs that won't happen ...QPR play in London, the media won't have all the cicus and hooha that non London, non north west clubs get. Fairness ...... my sitting region.
(20-02-2019, 10:57)Stairs Wrote: The dive to win a penalty is a very good point.  I only saw a quick video of the incident but if it was a clear dive then there has to be fairness (I did say that didn't I) and action should be taken.

A 2 match ban for every proven dive would be a great way to kill off this ugly part of football.

Not just a ban, Stairs. Hitting the b*stards in the pocket with a month's salary fine (non-Tax-deductible!) might stop it.
A 2-match ban gives the twats a few welcome nights on the Town with Saido. Angry
drewks likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Am I alone in thinking that Livermore's winner was just a little like 'an Igor Balis
moment''? Hope it turns out as well
aries22 likes this post
(20-02-2019, 09:49)Kennyg Wrote: We ground out a result again! How the referee and linesman missed their keeper handling the ball a yard outside the box is unbelievable.  As for their forward diving to the ground without being touched to win a penalty, surely a two match ban is due?
All in all a great result although nerve wracking at times. Now the big one on Saturday when we blunt the Blades

Iv just seen some extended highlights and amazes me how many bad decisions are going against us.
Think back to the last two home games and Brighton and Notts Forest should have been down to ten men in the first half would the games have had different outcomes ?

Not sure their player dived it looked like he tried to dive header the ball in the box to another player but made a meal of it when the ref gave it, know one touched him.
The goalkeeper one is amazing he was not only outside the box but outside the Dee another 6 yards on the linesman was also right in line with it.
Guess what deliberate handball outside the box is another sending off so in four games opposition teams should have been down to ten men in three of them ....
Yet we lose Gayle for two games ...
So where is the justice now do these QPR players get done for decieving a official ???

Thought not Angry
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Alouion, I am a little bit like you, it definitely has a feel of lady luck holding our hands, feels like a Balis late penalty at Bradford moment to me ..... here's hoping for a 2008 moment lifting the title not at QPR but Derby this time.
However I fear for next season if we have gone up, need a great transfer window and a large, very large broom to sweep away the oldies and deadwood, some great servants but sorry to say, no sentimental emotions allowed, with a heavy heart its time to let them go. Upwards and onwards together ... Albion til I die.
Alouion likes this post
(20-02-2019, 16:50)4evaabaggie Wrote: Alouion, I am a little bit like you, it definitely has a feel of lady luck holding our hands, feels like a Balis late penalty at Bradford moment to me ..... here's hoping for a 2008 moment lifting the title not at QPR but Derby this time.
However I fear for next season if we have gone up, need a great transfer window and a large, very large broom to sweep away the oldies and deadwood, some great servants but sorry to say, no sentimental emotions allowed, with a heavy heart its time to let them go. Upwards and onwards together ... Albion til I die.
Spot on 4eva  Thumb up
Worse in store if we don't go up.  Doh
Hi 4eva..I do think it could be a seminal moment in the season. The players look really up for it. If we do make it to the PL I agree we need a big window but compared with some of the teams we have previously been promoted with this team has far more quality..In reality they should never have gone down Had Moore been appointed 2 games earlier we might have avoided the drop.
(20-02-2019, 16:32)Alouion Wrote: Am I alone in thinking that Livermore's winner was just a little like 'an Igor Balis
moment''? Hope it turns out as well

I feel it too Alouion, and if you watch the winner, I'm not even sure how the ball got through to Livermore, it was eye of the needle stuff, 3 QPR players lunged and were millimetres from a vital touch away but it squeezed through and into Livermore's stride, nice finish too Thumb up
just got my ticket ! taking my 5 year old son to his first match......i would like to apologise in advance if we now lose.
Can you still park on Kendrick way ? that dual carriageway off the M5 ?
Beat the blades and Norwich lose to Bristol City and we will be top 2 by the end of the day
If Leeds don't beat Bolton we could go top. That's a lot to ask, let's stuff the Blades first and knock their confidence for the rest of the season.
COYB
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »