Van the Man post Match

Wagbo post match

It's a Heffing Dream,,,,,,,,
It's a Heffing Dream,,,,,,,,
It's a Heffing Dream
It's a Heffing Dream
It's a Heffing Dream,,,,,,,

repeat for about 15 minutes or longer

Arsenal win a game - extend Arsene's contract I say, sack him next weekend if he loses again I say ....... ffs try supporting Town you clowns
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Going well guys, keep it up then we can have Brighton in the playoffs, and we know how that story goes, seriously, thought you lot might fall away, instead win the game in hand and 3 points off the autos as it stands ... great season,
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Neighbourhood Neanderthal knuckledragger
A very welcome win, 3 points is what it was all about at this stage of the season.
We played ok, rode our luck when they missed an open goal early 2nd half, a late penalty claim waived away and as we had failed to capitalise on good periods of play to score a vital 2nd we had to manage the game out. Wells had 2-3 efforts of varying diffficulty saved or take off his toes, his overall play was good.

I thought Billing was excellent and subbed too early for me Mooy coming on but Phil was allover, Payne rightly replaced for Izzy. VLP lots of tricks and step over no real crosses as we dont have anyone in the box, seems the goaly misjudged his shot with a defender in front, but all gifts greatly received.

Looking forward to Friday now, again will need to grind out the right result down Brizzzzzle who won today, I think the squad will welcome a free midweek fixture to get ready, perhaps we have a few carrying knocks, Brown & Wells seem to be hobbling around.

The support was excellent, non stop in the standing area, a lovely summer feel to the day in the smoke and pubs around the ground.

Ward made an early save but had little else directed at him, back 4 looks tight, just same slack possesion giving them chances. Brentford looked bright a decent side we knew that from last season and the close 2-1 early season win.
SHEP_HTAFC, Amelia Chaffinch, Lord Snooty And 1 others like this post
Funny you should say that about Phil Bill, Sloppy. Matt Glennon said he had a really poor game. Didn't get involved and was a passenger. Rightly subbed off.
Glad you said different.
It was a real physical midfield scrap, Billing won the headers, Hogg did the mopping up and calming it all down, thats where the game was won.
They looked bright down their left we looked good on our right, Kachunga returning to form was good to see, some theatricals from him but that appears part of his game.

They had a Jack Colback ginger lookalikey who was there main ball player and I thought Billing kept him occupied, he seemed to have more time when Mooy came on and was more influential 2nd without the pressure on his collar.

I'd had a few pints mind, I'm sure Glennon was sat half way line too with Oggy rather than back of the terrace to see a more balanced view of the first 45.

just pasted this off DATM from a Bees fan very good reading and nice view of the pressing game that stopped them in their tracks

"Can't begrudge anything about our performance today, we were anything but bad, Huddersfield just knew how to keep us quiet.
I think today just showed that we're not quite ready for a Premier League push. We're not far off, but when you come up against a team that already are like Huddersfield, all you can do is accept you've been bettered."

"They were better. Stronger. Pressed hard. Very hard to break down. 1-0 was a fair result. Not an awful performance just second best on this occasion."

"Great learning curve for our kids. They were tough, solid, calm and apart from an early misplaced pass from Billing that gave Jota a run in on goal and he forced a good save, they gave us nothing. They pressed and pressed and pressed and never let us settle on the ball even deep in our half. They even harassed Bentley and they kept it up nonstop. We need to study Huddersfield as we are Huddersfield-lite at the moment and we need to toughen up, press higher, better and longer, stop turning the ball over so easily and softly and be more clinical. We are on a journey but today was an eye opener and shows us we still have a long way to go"

"I thought their No.10 Mooy was superb. I lost count of the tackles and interceptions he made. Exactly the player we lack in my opinion. Still, we played alright but their physicality and discipline to the high press told"

"Some usual cliches on here of northern cloggers etc but lets be honest that was a terrific away performance against difficult opponents on a good run of form.
They gave us far more problems than Newcastle or Brighton in that their work rate and high tempo never gave us the opportunity to get any momentum they also kept the ball pretty well too. At times it felt like they had 12 players on the pitch and the simple truth was we were not able to counter it consistently with quick movement and passing and when we did unfortunately Lasse missed the chance. A really good reality check for our young team who are only going to get better and won't come up against opponents who play like this too often.
The race for promotion / playoff places is really opening up now and Huddersfield are right in the thick of it after today you wouldn't right them off for top 2 if they play like this every week."
SHEP_HTAFC, Amelia Chaffinch, Lord Snooty And 1 others like this post
Can't argue with that at all
A guide to cask ale.

Hahahahahah, where did I read this before?
A guide to cask ale.

(11-03-2017, 21:54)Was Wereham Owl Wrote: Going well guys, keep it up then we can have Brighton in the playoffs, and we know how that story goes, seriously, thought you lot might fall away, instead win the game in hand and 3 points off the autos as it stands ... great season,

You guys need a good look over your shoulders WWO. From being comfortable you are suddenly catchable. Squeaky bum time.

Highlights

A week ago Newcastle were gone, Champions elect, not a chance in hell of catching them. Suddenly - we are back where we were at 4:49 last Saturday. Are they catchable?

Well compared to Brighton's fixtures above - I don't do predictions mind - make your own minds up.

[Image: eBYq0GbwkZJ_8GyKmvWx39slC8No4WwLDt2eObRo...34-h540-no]

Just to save you scrolling back again

[Image: -yMS-t5Vv-YYKUpxXdBr0vDySsQHMRhwkxGlhJiV...58-h545-no]

Hmmmmm - our noisy neighbours could do us 2 or 3 big favours between them there. Laugh
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
A guide to cask ale.

I think with billing he's a languid player and some will see him as being a little bit too laid back at times, to the extent that application can be questioned, whilst being capable of quality moments as well as some serial mistakes.

Others will see the quality he brings full stop. I dont think either views are wrong with phil bill
Well that was a brilliant set of results from the weekend. Only Brighton winning put a dampener on it.
The top 2 will still drop plenty of points from now to the end of the season. They are both still catchable.
My only worry is our lack of a good goal difference. That's worth an extra point to the other two.

I rate Phil Billing massively. He will go on to play in the Prem and for his national side at full level.
Wasn't it Everton who were massively peed off that we signed him? Did they not sack a scout because he didn't realise his full potential before we nabbed him? Or did I dream that.

Onto Friday night now. A win at Brizzle I think could all but see us secure a play off place. With Wendies playing Reading also...some more points will be dropped by the chasing pack.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »