Thread Rating:
Next WBA Manager - All News, Rumours & Speculation
If you’ve not seen it, a very good comment piece in E&S called “Darren Moore can leave West Brom with his head held high”. It’s a very good analysis of BD’s time as manager, what he did well and where it went wrong. It’s an honest appraisal and, I think, pretty accurate
(10-03-2019, 22:51)BaggieSteve Wrote: If you’ve not seen it, a very good comment piece in E&S called “Darren Moore can leave West Brom with his head held high”. It’s a very good analysis of BD’s time as manager, what he did well and where it went wrong. It’s an honest appraisal and, I think, pretty accurate

Yep, good appraisal :
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...held-high/
The reliable John percy says more talks are planned tomorrow for Jokanovic...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201...m-manager/
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(10-03-2019, 23:04)drewks Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 22:51)BaggieSteve Wrote: If you’ve not seen it, a very good comment piece in E&S called “Darren Moore can leave West Brom with his head held high”. It’s a very good analysis of BD’s time as manager, what he did well and where it went wrong. It’s an honest appraisal and, I think, pretty accurate

Yep, good appraisal :
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...held-high/

About right i'd say

(10-03-2019, 23:25)Beefy 1965 Wrote: The reliable John percy says more talks are planned tomorrow for Jokanovic...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201...m-manager/

Beefy your on the ball - I will say that for you, do you have a circle of journalists ITK?
Percy is the most accurate of them all IMHO
Phil they are all on my timeline on twitter, if anything gets posted I'm usually updated almost immediately, certainly not ITK Thumb up

A piece by Matt Wilson explains Jones seemed to be the main problem but DM refused change and admitted he let Jones decide how to play from the back..
Strange, DM should have told him to go to Luton now as he was going in the summer anyway I wish he would have been stronger Confused

Mattwilson@expressandstar....
"There was also the curious partnership with Graeme Jones, Moore’s No.2 with aspirations of being a No.1.
Jones is due to be named Luton Town boss in the summer, and seemed to have too much influence on a side he was leaving.
Albion played the same systems he had used with Belgium and he admitted himself on national radio that Moore let him get away with his own ideas.
How well Moore would have done without him is unknown, and the season could have been much worse than this respectable showing.
But Jones clashed with the board on January deadline day over a loan for left-back Bryan Oviedo, a player he coached at Everton.
That could hardly have helped Moore’s cause, and neither did the head coach's decision to stick with Jones when offered a chance to change"
Most Head Coaches aren't daft - certainly regarding a potential employer.
If the situation 'behind the scenes' at our club is as bad as some have said, any potential HC will have done his (ok, OR HER!) homework, and will want assurances regarding being backed by the board/owner in many areas.
If it's true that BD was 'hung out to dry' with little or no support, as has been suggested, it will be an interesting and perhaps lengthy set of negotiations.
Unless, of course, there is a real strong, preferred candidate whose demands are met, or mostly met by the board because that person is the best. Obviously, at this stage of the season, it may well be very harmful NOT to make the appointment quickly; does this potentially give a strong candidate the great advantage of getting the backing needed, maybe one that BD didn't have?

Of course, another scenario is that we DON'T get our preferred one because the board will not compromise.

Interesting.
Jokanovic seems a popular chappie:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/03/11/fu...lks-to-be/
(10-03-2019, 20:47)drewks Wrote: Carvalhal now mentioned.....
.... thoughts, Amelia, SCO?
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...r-15952388

Carvalhal has never held a job for more than 2 years - and that pretty much sums him up!! He was great for us in the first two seasons, playoffs both season and the final in the first season. Problem is he spent a ton of money and rather than bringing youngsters through he would rather buy to fill a gap in the squad. We signed a lot of players on the back end of their careers with no sell on value or ended up being injured for long spells. We dropped into a transfer embargo just after he left!! Not all of this was his fault, I am sure he wasn’t the one negotiating the salaries etc but his squads tend to perform for about 18 months and then drop off, at which point he moves on!!

He is a breath of fresh air, the fans will like him especially if he does well initially. His tactics are ok if he has the right players around him, but he will stick to his favorites at the expense of youngsters or other squad players and he does not particualrly change the formation if it needs to be changed. He could well get you promoted, but if not I would expect him to be gone by the end of next season.
drewks likes this post
FFS GREAT PLANNING THIS Doh

Robdorset@sky
1/2 #wbafc unlikely to have a new manager in place for Wednesday’s game v #swansea SSN understands. Initial talks started today with Slavisa Jokanovic’s reps, but CEO Mark Jenkins won’t return from China until tmrw night. And Albion have yet to finally rule out other candidates.

Mattwilson@ expressandstar
Albion now looking at bringing a interim manager in until the end of the season...

You couldn't make this up could you Doh
(12-03-2019, 00:46)Beefy 1965 Wrote: FFS GREAT PLANNING THIS  Doh

Robdorset@sky
1/2 #wbafc unlikely to have a new manager in place for Wednesday’s game v #swansea SSN understands. Initial talks started today with Slavisa Jokanovic’s reps, but CEO Mark Jenkins won’t return from China until tmrw night. And Albion have yet to finally rule out other candidates.

Mattwilson@ expressandstar
Albion now looking at bringing a interim manager in until the end of the season...

You couldn't make this up could you  Doh

Disgusting and these guys are running our club, do any of them give a ****
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »