Thread Rating:
Queen of the South v Hibs, 24 Sept, KO 3.00pm
aye - this time we have to give this re-energised hibs support something back,3 points please lads!

I will be attending with my young nephew,its his first game and he's pestered me about it for ages so would be really sweet to get the win.
(24-09-2016, 21:05)hibeejim21 Wrote: well thats a sending off i'd like to see again! The 1st yellow certainly looked soft.

Just like last week i think we would have won this but for the sending off. Just like last week our opponents were committing far more fouls too! A point in difficult weather conditions,on a crap pitch with those circumstances i can about handle,and the result suits us more than queens.

The other results didn't go our way particularly though and 3 points v utd next week is a must.

I think the first yellow was very soft also jim Hamill laid there as if he had been hit by a sledgehammer and the second one he's made the refs mind up by tuggin or attempting to tug the player back but again soft.

But again the inconsistent decisions made by the ref was a joke the No8 got booked for a foul on McGinn then had another 2/3 goes at him but nothing done and the strong claim for the pen for hibs would be worth seeing again for sure.

GGTTH
The ref was Steven McLean - nephew of Tommy McLean, a 'wee Rangers' and Glasgow Rangers/oldco man lol! He's also the same ref who denied Celtic a stonewall pen and red card for ICT's Meekings 'hand/arm baw on the goal line in that infamous Scot Cup semi-final a couple of seasons ago! Games like this one need to be won 'in spite of the referee' - a bit like our Scottish Cup final that he officiated!
Surely every ref in football has some allegiance to some club, the fact they are in football at all probably means they grew up going to games. Also saying someone's uncle was associated to a club and therefore the nephew is obviously biased towards that club is a bit of a stretch!!! How far back should the SFA go to determine a connection?? I can't help thinking the Scottish game just suffers from poor referees and a governing body who back them to the hilt even when they screw up, surely not every ref who has a poor game is a cheat??
They should have to declare which club they support....or at least which lodge they attend.
As required by the English FA and it's a mandatory requirement!! A bit of common sense eh and English refs like Kevin Friend and Mark Clattenberg are not allowed to officiate matches involving Leicester City or Newcastle Utd respectively because they are declared fans of said footie clubs.
(26-09-2016, 20:56)0762 Wrote: As required by the English FA and it's a mandatory requirement!! A bit of common sense eh and English refs like Kevin Friend and Mark Clattenberg are not allowed to officiate matches involving Leicester City or Newcastle Utd respectively because they are declared fans of said footie clubs.

I'm not certain but I think the town you live in is also on the list of clubs you cannot officiate. Always remember we never got Uriah Rennie because he lived in Sheffield even though I don't think he was a fan of either club.

I cannot believe the Scottish authorities don't do this?? Would there be anything to stop an English ref working games in Scotland?? Maybe thats how you stop some of the conspiracy theories flying around, give the games refs with no chance of partiality!!
Would there be anything to stop an English ref working games in Scotland??

Would take them in a heartbeat. But the SFA would never allow it.
Who? The SFA? You mean the DINOAURS who manage our game up here lol! There is so much 'muck' that we could throw at the SFA, where do we start?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »