Thread Rating:
WBA vs Arsenal - Match Thread
Typical Albion, just when you have no hope and trudge up to the shrine fearing a thrashing...
BANG !
Shove that up ya moaning excuse laden ass Wenger !
Really good backs to the wall, grafting performance from the lads.
Hard to single people out for praise as they all gave it 100% but McLean was brilliant today. How good a player does Evans look too ?
Cheers all, have a great weekend
Thumb up
drewks likes this post
Great result. I was saying to the guys next to me we have started better than I thought then bang! A sloppy goal to concede. Silly foul by Mozza to be honest.

Then Boom!! Boom!! 2-1 to Albion.

What happened when Ollson hit the bar, I swear it went over the line. I saw Clattenberg look at his wrist then give Offside????? WTF???? He made some seriously strange decisions today and what happened on the pen as I'm sat in BRE.

When that hateful twat Carzola blazed over I thought he was going to let him take it again.

What was Clattenberg doing????

On the upside great work rate by all the team especially Mclean, Yacob and Rondon.

Evans was outstanding again. Also a couple of strange subs by TP......Gardner for Sess amazed me, surely McManaman was the obvious choice and then Lambert coming on for Mozza.

All in all a great win and a great team effort..

BOING BOING
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
Haven't read any comments or anything but watched the whole game...

Thought in particular McLean and Yacob where fantastic today. Best players on the pitch except maybe Sanchez and Carzola both of which have genuine quality but bit much end product today. Genuinely good performance throughout even when we were 1-0 down. West ham away next I'm there!
Oh, and the penalty was conceded when an Arsenal player fell FOLLOWING A CHALLENGE BY BRUNT! See - he can!! Big Grin
Just not true. The penalty was awarded when the ARSENAL player "Fell OVER" BEFORE being challenged by Chris Brunt. DD (Justice) (Justice) Laughing Laughing
drewks likes this post
Ubique.
Buddy lovely goal from Mozza! Thumb up Big Grin Big Grin
Jonas header ?
Goal line technology said it was over. Berahino was initially offside but not interfering with play. He then heads the ball after it went over the line and was rightly flagged off side as he had now come into play but the initial header was in ?
Thoughts cos MOTD didn't bother to review ?
I watched the game on a stream today because I was out of the West Midlands. Clattenburg did get the Olsson decision right, his header didn't cross the line and when Saido became active he was flagged offside because he was offside from the initial header. Had Olsson's header gone in, presumably it would've counted as Saido interfering. The goal line technology showed that the ball was on the line and no goal.

The penalty however was very soft to say the least. If that's a penalty, then there's 4 or 5 every game. The lack of consistency is ridiculous - in the last home tie against Leicester we were on the end of much worse and got nothing. That's 2 games where we've been screwed, so if it evens itself up, we might get a good decision next week.

All in all, a good hardworking performance and important win. We still need to create more chances and were fortunate with the second goal, but we stood up and matched them and on that evidence, should be good for a mid table finish.
To be fair looking back at the decisions, clattenburg didn't really do much wrong. Yesterday at the game I felt hurt by many but after watching it back today, they were correct. Brunt was stupid putting his arms around Sanchez in the box. The ball from Olssons header never crossed the line and then the follow up from berahino was offside, and never went in anyway.
Yep penalty did look harsh. Makes sense if ball didn't go over the line. The screens said goal but noticed the ref check his watch and it didn't show the picture of ball over the line so I guess someone was a bit too eager !
Still, great win boing boing.
Great day, and superb goal from Morrison, onwards and upwards
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »