Thread Rating:
Reserves
Rai Simons scored for the reserves. As the first team can't put a shot on goal and he does seem to do that wouldn't he be an obvious inclusion.

Okay I'm just being stupid.
If we go down we should appoint Ritchie ,move Danny upstairs and keep Morgs as No 2.A big call I know but Ritchie could potentially be an undiscovered gem .
I'm not sure winning a few games with our reserves quite equates with getting Barnsley into the Premier League ..........

I think Ritchie's got a future with us or elsewhere ....... but if we go down it will be the former manager, our CEO and Chairman who are to blame. They had no option but to let last season's players go, but the manner of their going and the inadequacy of the replacements should have been as obvious to them as it was to the supporters.

Where is the upstairs Danny would move to?

It's the influence of upstairs that's the crux of the problem. But without that upstairs we wouldn't exist.
Point taken we can't read too much in the reserve leagues but all top managers and coaches have to start somewhere.
Should we give a young coach who shows promise a chance or do we stick with an experienced but proven failure ?.I suppose its getting that balance between proven and progressive .
I agree totally Pooch. If we'd chosen Ritchie not Danny I wouldn't have minded ...... but I'm not sure we've got a viable upstairs where Danny could make a contribution, and I couldn't sack him on the legacy he was left.

My only quibble with Danny now is he seems to have become too conservative and thus too concerned with avoiding defeat.

For instance Rai Simons always looks keen to shoot so he should be getting onto the pitch if the team can't score .....

We've gone for experience and a man who cares about the club in Danny. I don't want to see him kicked in the teeth, but I'd try and keep hold of Ritchie with a three year contract. Could we maybe loan him for a season to manage Halifax or somebody? To run a club and learn on the ground ...... if you can loan players, he is still contracted as a player........

I'm just being stupid aren't I?
(01-04-2016, 16:59)Devongone Wrote: I agree totally Pooch. If we'd chosen Ritchie not Danny I wouldn't have minded ...... but I'm not sure we've got a viable upstairs where Danny could make a contribution, and I couldn't sack him on the legacy he was left.

My only quibble with Danny now is he seems to have become too conservative and thus too concerned with avoiding defeat.

For instance Rai Simons always looks keen to shoot so he should be getting onto the pitch if the team can't score .....

We've gone for experience and a man who cares about the club in Danny. I don't want to see him kicked in the teeth, but I'd try and keep hold of Ritchie with a three year contract. Could we maybe loan him for a season to manage Halifax or somebody? To run a club and learn on the ground ...... if you can loan players, he is still contracted as a player........

I'm just being stupid aren't I?

He could manage a non-league team say in the Northern Premier League and still work at the club as a coach.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
That would be a first .loaning a manager or coach .
Well if we lose today I reckon drastic action is needed to save us

I heard a rumour Danny will leave at the season end and Morgan will take over .
I hope its not true as I think Humphreys would be a better choice than Morgs.
(14-04-2016, 20:27)bluepooch Wrote: I heard a rumour Danny will leave at the season end and Morgan will take over .
I hope its not true as I think Humphreys would be a better choice than Morgs.

That rumour is just a rumour because his contract extends beyond this season. Also he said in an interview he was looking forward to working with Angel next season and there trying to drum up support next season selling season tickets using the hashtag #DannysArmy

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »