Thread Rating:
Hertz v Hibs
They might as well let him play as Sevcos 2nd goalkeeper. Laugh To be fair he's probably saved more goals than McGregor.

Absolutely brazen, outrageous levels of cheating. Laugh Laugh
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
There was a bbc radio slot broadcast yesterday (as a result of the extreme reaction from lotsa Scot footie fans that followed Goldson's last controversial handball incident v Celtic) by the Odd Couple touting the suggestion that all SFA referees officiate matches fairly and the conspiracy theories always sell newspapers, but are ridiculous in their opinion?????????? I quickly pointed out in a text the unusual stat that Rangers don't have pens given against them almost throughout a whole season while red cards, even for certain Rangers players making leg-breaking tackles (that "animal", Roofe, in recent years!!) and others stamping on opponents lying on the ground (Morelos has done this on multiple occasions!!) have been ignored - few red cards issued in a season!! IMO there are a number of ref "bad apples" in Scot footie, and others who are clearly cowards - afraid to penalise a football team/club that has an endemic problem of intimidating anyone who gives a negative decision against them. Therefore, IMO the game is clearly in disrepute, and other proper "strong" officials are required to enforce fairness and impartiality in certain matches. UEFA refs generally officiate matches properly. Why is it so f##### different with refs and VAR here?????????????????? Esp when VAR gives the ref team a second look at incidents like Goldson's one at Tannadice!! No wonder a lotta footie fans here are gradually being "turned off" with this continual shit/bias being shown on recorded video footage!!! Thumb down
It can't be a surprise though?

Mcleans brother played for rangers, nick walsh works with rangers youth players, madden was a season ticket holder, beaton a regular at a hun supporters club....Dallas? No need to go there really Laugh  and it's been like this since i was a kid.

Collum hasn't been near a sevco game since easter road, no way was he calling beaton to that handball from VAR last week. His hoose would be burnt down Laugh

Point is the SFA has always been overwhelmingly pro Rangers in my lifetime. It will never change, they barely try and hide it nowadays.

0 pens from 21 games in scotland.
4 pens for 10 games in europe. One against goldson for handbaw too...

You can draw yer own conclusions.
0762 likes this post
Absolutely right Jim. I can go back 40-50 years or more and reel off some of the most diabolical ref decisions (plus biased linesmen ignoring blatant offside goals or calling bogus offside!) I've ever witnessed, and a huge percentage of them definitely favouring the Huns!!! Some of these awful decisions IMO were a huge factor in Hibs never winning a Scot Cup until May 2016, but we have not been the only Scot footie club affected by this shit down the decades. I can recall an incident way back in the 1970s when Rangers CF, Derek Parlane, dived about 2-3 metres into Hibs pen box on a wet night in a cup tie at ER and I was conveniently standing right behind the corrupt linesman who chose to ignore the fact Parlane was not anywhere near Hibs pen box - one of the most blatant pieces of poor/biased judgement between a ref and his linesman I'd ever seen. There was also a classic match at Tannadice in the 1980s when a vg United team absolutely "ripped" into the Hun defence - they had about five goals disallowed by offside decisions (it could be a Scot footie record even now!) and, at that time, one could see from video footage most of them were onside goals, not even marginally onside!!! It caused a media stooshie, but quickly forgotten and "swept under the carpet" - the usual Glesca footie media response: "it disnae happen, all officials trustworthy and not capable of such malpractice" Rolleyes Any fool who really believes there were no "rotten apples" in the ref system over the past five or six decades is as described - A NAIVE FOOL OR JUST BIASED AND PARTISAN!!
You don't need to go too far back - how about Colaks PK at easter road ? where all the pundits came out to defend what was simply a ridiculous dive. Or that crazy one awarded against bates at ibrox.

Sportscene again showing the farcical implementation of VAR again at the weekend across the games... Well apart from one impacting the team that play out of govan.

Dundee Utd were robbed of a chance to go ahead on sunday. they are in the relegation zone ffs, it could be important end of the season.
Aberdeen were robbed of at least a point v sevco at pittodrie. Tavernier should have been sent off and a pk awarded.
We were robbed of a penalty at ibrox as well that could have given us a point.

If rangers had been VARed properly Beale would have a pretty ropey record, he'd probably have lost to celtic and dropped points v us and aberdeen....Instead he is manager of the month Laugh
0762 likes this post
Same AGAIN last night at Tynecastle - a stonewall pk denied Saint Mirren. Almost every game gives them a decision that helps their cause!! Lotsa Buddies "up in arms" re VAR and why it isn't being used properly when it comes to Hertz matches????? I think the SFA must get involved in this shit once and for all!! It's becoming a huge embarrassment for the game up here!!
Never a penalty kick last night at Tynecastle. It’s a conspiracy came the cry
The problem IJ is that it literally HAS been a penalty given against other clubs in the league this season. No doubt in my mind if that had been Hibs it would have been a penalty.

Neilsons complained about var decisions constantly despite being the beneficiary in practically every game. He's even got himself into bother this time.
0762 likes this post
Two separate qualified refs on BBC Radio Scotland called it a pk (with explanations why it should've been a pk) and no surprise based on the video evidence. There's always somebody coming in re these pk incidents with partial opinion on some kinda reasoning why it shouldn't be a pk. I partially blame the FFA for creating footie laws that have become complicated and I reckon many referees don't know the full forensic details of the laws governing eg hand ball and offside decisions. IMO footie is a simple game. It has unfortunately been made more complicated, much like rugby union. The biggest annoyance is there is no post-match (or post incident) comment or formal explanation from a ref representative to fans or footie clubs that have been penalised. I suspect the reason for that is the fear of being proved wrong under whatever law that is being referred to and if the errors begin to "stack up", the sport is eventually seen to be in disrepute.
hibeejim21 likes this post
(09-01-2023, 00:57)0762 Wrote: Absolutely right Jim. I can go back 40-50 years or more and reel off some of the most diabolical ref decisions (plus biased linesmen ignoring blatant offside goals or calling bogus offside!) I've ever witnessed, and a huge percentage of them definitely favouring the Huns!!! Some of these awful decisions IMO were a huge factor in Hibs never winning a Scot Cup until May 2016, but we have not been the only Scot footie club affected by this shit down the decades. I can recall an incident way back in the 1970s when Rangers CF, Derek Parlane, dived about 2-3 metres into Hibs pen box on a wet night in a cup tie at ER and I was conveniently standing right behind the corrupt linesman who chose to ignore the fact Parlane was not anywhere near Hibs pen box - one of the most blatant pieces of poor/biased judgement between a ref and his linesman I'd ever seen. There was also a classic match at Tannadice in the 1980s when a vg United team absolutely "ripped" into the Hun defence - they had about five goals disallowed by offside decisions (it could be a Scot footie record even now!) and, at that time, one could see from video footage most of them were onside goals, not even marginally onside!!! It caused a media stooshie, but quickly forgotten and "swept under the carpet" - the usual Glesca footie media response: "it disnae happen, all officials trustworthy and not capable of such malpractice" Rolleyes Any fool who really believes there were no "rotten apples" in the ref system over the past five or six decades is as described - A NAIVE FOOL OR JUST BIASED AND PARTISAN!!

Forgot to add re that Dundee United "no offside" fiasco (it must surely be a Scot footie record!!!?) at Tannadice - the offending linesman who flagged these bogus calls was discreetly removed from pro Scot footie by the SFA a short period (about 2-3 weeks) after this "shocker" of a match. THE GUY JUST DISAPPEARED WITHOUT TRACE!! I wish I could remember the guy's surname (O'Donnell?) because I can recall writing a scathing letter to the Sports Column of The Scotsman newspaper and it was published at that time. Nothing has changed apart from VAR being introduced, but unfortunately being administered by the same ref numpties who were ruining the game up here!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »