Thread Rating:
Odd band names
(25-08-2020, 11:46)talkSAFT Wrote: When I retired  we hired a local young pop group for the 'do'. I think they were called Led Zeppelin (or similar).  Huh
(I think they sung Val Doonican covers.)
Funny name and I don't think they played at The Palladium or anything.

aint Palladium a chemical element or something?

gay bykers on acid?

king kurt

judas priest
@Kristien 1965
Beefy and Garry....... Sorry 2 Cowboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5MT3x2K2js

DD Big Grin Big Grin
Ubique.
(25-08-2020, 12:13)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Beefy and Garry....... Sorry 2 Cowboys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5MT3x2K2js

DD  Big Grin  Big Grin

and who rattled your kennel DD

i aye neva bin close to a hoss

and neva bin anyweya nea a bloody wayal
@Kristien 1965
(25-08-2020, 09:54)Blue Baggie Wrote: 1. Original - Chumbawamba

Chumbawamba, of course, still hold the record for the longest album title in history, set by their 2008 record The Boy Bands Have Won, And All The Copyists And The Tribute Bands And The TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture To Be Shaped by Mimicry, Whether From Lack Of Ideas Or From Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try To Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother's Hand-Me-Down Jacket And Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It To The Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don't Just Regurgitate Creative History, Or Hold Art And Music And Literature As Fixed, Untouchable And Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try To 'Guard' Any Particular Form Of Music Are, Like The Copyists And Manufactured Bands, Doing It The Worst Disservice, Because The Only Thing That You Can Do To Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own. Because Then It Dies, Then It's Over, Then It's Done, And The Boy Bands Have Won.
The Crown, Lords & Commons are the Crown, Lords & Commons of Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. In the heart of the empire on which the sun never sets, in the land of hope and glory, is Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. What do they know of England who only England know? The answer must be Rusty Lane, West Bromwich.
1. Original - Psychedelic Furs
2. New - Slingshot
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(25-08-2020, 13:53)Ska\dForLife-WBA Wrote:

Chumbawamba, of course, still hold the record for the longest album title in history, set by their 2008 record The Boy Bands Have Won, And All The Copyists And The Tribute Bands And The TV Talent Show Producers Have Won, If We Allow Our Culture To Be Shaped by Mimicry, Whether From Lack Of Ideas Or From Exaggerated Respect. You Should Never Try To Freeze Culture. What You Can Do Is Recycle That Culture. Take Your Older Brother's Hand-Me-Down Jacket And Re-Style It, Re-Fashion It To The Point Where It Becomes Your Own. But Don't Just Regurgitate Creative History, Or Hold Art And Music And Literature As Fixed, Untouchable And Kept Under Glass. The People Who Try To 'Guard' Any Particular Form Of Music Are, Like The Copyists And Manufactured Bands, Doing It The Worst Disservice, Because The Only Thing That You Can Do To Music That Will Damage It Is Not Change It, Not Make It Your Own. Because Then It Dies, Then It's Over, Then It's Done, And The Boy Bands Have Won.

wonder how they printed that on a CD
@Kristien 1965
(25-08-2020, 15:16)Arcane Astral Aeons Wrote:
(25-08-2020, 13:53)Ska\dForLife-WBA Wrote:

wonder how they printed that on a CD

Like this.

[Image: Chumba.jpg]
Blue Baggie likes this post
The Crown, Lords & Commons are the Crown, Lords & Commons of Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. In the heart of the empire on which the sun never sets, in the land of hope and glory, is Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. What do they know of England who only England know? The answer must be Rusty Lane, West Bromwich.
1. Original - Splodgenessabounds.
2. New - Watchstrings.
(26-08-2020, 12:08)Blue Baggie Wrote: 1. Original - Splodgenessabounds.
2. New - Watchstrings.

i remember them
2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps
simon templar
@Kristien 1965
1. Original - Showaddywaddy
2. New - I Candee
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »