Thread Rating:
FA Cup 2020
I originally thought it was four years, because I've done my best to forget about Pardew! But then I double-checked and realised we'd made it to the fifth round in 2018, which makes it sound less impressive an achievement. But I do genuinely think that these last two cup performances are better than we've delivered in years in this competition, which was what I was driving at.
drewks likes this post
The Crown, Lords & Commons are the Crown, Lords & Commons of Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. In the heart of the empire on which the sun never sets, in the land of hope and glory, is Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. What do they know of England who only England know? The answer must be Rusty Lane, West Bromwich.
In the fifth round, Albion will play Newcastle or Oxford at home.
drewks likes this post
The Crown, Lords & Commons are the Crown, Lords & Commons of Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. In the heart of the empire on which the sun never sets, in the land of hope and glory, is Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. What do they know of England who only England know? The answer must be Rusty Lane, West Bromwich.
Gayle hatrick In coming Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Have they loaned him to Oxford then?
bomberbrown1968, wiltshire baggie, Ska'dForLife-WBA like this post
The wishful thinking starts to turn towards 1931........ Are we still the only team to have done this double??

DD Huh Huh
Baggievicar likes this post
Ubique.
That double yes boing boing
Quite like this draw. If Oxford get through, it's a proper old cup tie with us the favourites on paper. If it's Newcastle, they're potentially another West Ham for us to catch unawares, and we've got nothing to lose. Looking forward to it already.
(27-01-2020, 23:08)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: The wishful thinking starts to turn towards 1931........ Are we still the only team to have done this double??

DD  Huh  Huh

Wouldn't it be great to do it again in the 100th anniversary of winning the League!
For anyone who's unaware, the Oxford-Newcastle replay is live on BBC1 tonight.
Beefy 1965 likes this post
Great cup tie in the end. Newcastle scrape through 3-2 after extra time and will be our fifth-round opponents.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »