Thread Rating:
WBA vs Huddersfield - Match Thread
We're far more forgiving to teams on a losing streak than you Baggies will ever be.

What's gone wrong?

Meet me at 8 o'clock for breakfast and by 11 you still won't know close to half of it.

Too many playaz who suddenly got wealthy beyond their wildest dreams and didn't want to get off the gravy train (or out of bed) when it started to crumble due to their bone idleness and ability to suddenly buy owt they wanted to. Then they mostly downed tools or didn't want to work too hard to stay in the best League they will ever play in covers most of it plus a large dose of ineptitude in the back/front office in the transfer market. Not hard to see how many Prima Donnas we had when you look at the Prima Donna League and see how many of our ex's are still there. Still can't work out why they played so well against the Black Country Dingles and then gave up straight after.

All in all, we went from completely over-achieving underdogs to complete dogs in a heart beat. The lads we have left are now half the side that went up, nowhere close yet to the spirit we had then. We'll still be there as supporters when the rest of the wankers (sorry, players that don't want to be here) move on to whatever their life after football becomes. There's a few that will come close to living long in the memory, there's a helluva lot more that would have to buy me a pint or two before I bought them one.

It's not only us. Fluham spent a fortune and ruined their club spirit before they kicked a ball in anger last season. By the time they found it again it was too little too late. The lads from Smoke-on-Stench have the most expensive squad in this division and are (only just) below us, including 2 of our lads that moved on to better things. Yeah, (right). Think we all wish each other the best and we'd both take a win. We need it more than you but if you finish above L666s you are welcome to it. Don't squander it if you get it lads (and lasses).
Beefy 1965, Ska'dForLife-WBA, Lord Snooty And 2 others like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Sadly, I think it's the same story with just about every club who survive for any length of time in the Prem and then go down. Once the players have got nothing left to strive for, and so much money in the bank that win bonuses are meaningless, the whole team becomes a house of cards. Excellent post, and I'm pleased to report that I'll be mentally storing "Smoke-on-Stench" away for future use.
The Crown, Lords & Commons are the Crown, Lords & Commons of Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. In the heart of the empire on which the sun never sets, in the land of hope and glory, is Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. What do they know of England who only England know? The answer must be Rusty Lane, West Bromwich.
Off-topic but I think you Udders fans will like to read that David Wagner is doing well at Schalke so far. They won 2-1 at home tonight against Mainz and now sit in 2nd place on 10 points from 5 matches. They have scored 10 (those 10 in the last 3 matches) and conceded 5 so far.

Watched the first half tonight before work and last week’s 5-1 demolition of Paderborn and they do look good. The style of play is good going forward (possession based with pace in the wide areas) and more balanced defensively.

Anyway, best of luck for Sunday.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Theo's Match Preview on the Terriers' forum is brilliant!!
Amelia Chaffinch and theo_luddite like this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(21-09-2019, 03:13)WBA-Josh Wrote: Off-topic but I think you Udders fans will like to read that David Wagner is doing well at Schalke so far. They won 2-1 at home tonight against Mainz and now sit in 2nd place on 10 points from 5 matches. They have scored 10 (those 10 in the last 3 matches) and conceded 5 so far.

Watched the first half tonight before work and last week’s 5-1 demolition of Paderborn and they do look good. The style of play is good going forward (possession based with pace in the wide areas) and more balanced defensively.

Anyway, best of luck for Sunday.

Think that's what he wanted to do with us last season, but the two wide lads he brought in were just not up to the job and he had to change tactics.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Stoke drew so Huddersfield are now bottom of the table and 6 points from safety.

I think the chances of us losing the game tomorrow has now gone up. Doh

In other news, Ben Foster and Craig Dawson played in the 8-0 defeat that Watford suffered today.

I wish I had sympathy but I don’t really.
I remember playing Huddersfield when they were bottom of the champ in 1997. Filthy foggy day, could hardly see what was happening. They won 2-0, inevitably.
Not feeling good about tomorrow.
Well we have an opportunity now to make a lot of ground on the teams above us. A win tomorrow would put us one point of the top slot, time to gel boys.
aries22 likes this post
good evening all
hope your all fine and dandy(yes i know its attributed to Adam Ant)
so lets all have a sing song
Prince Charming,Prince Charming....etc etc etc

anyway
will be keeping up my record tomorrow
of not seeing them loose tomorrow
having said that it`s now the kiss of death

anyone sees me please say hello,give me a kicking....whatever takes your fancy
trust me you cant miss me...stand out like a ........enough of that
@Kristien 1965
(21-09-2019, 23:07)Arcane Astral Aeons Wrote: good evening all
hope your all fine and dandy(yes i know its attributed to Adam Ant)
so lets all have a sing song
Prince Charming,Prince Charming....etc etc etc

anyway
will be keeping up my record tomorrow
of not seeing them loose tomorrow
having said that it`s now the kiss of death

anyone sees me please say hello,give me a kicking....whatever takes your fancy
trust me you cant miss me...stand out like a ........enough of that

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

We ought to know. Had plenty of it in the last 12 months. Rolleyes
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »