Thread Rating:
Next WBA Manager - All News, Rumours & Speculation
Phillip Cocu would be my choice

Internationally renowned player, currently free agent
Had amazing success with PSV Eindhoven, not great at Fenerbache which given the politics at the club was a strange move anyway

WBA is a huge club and a manger of International standing with league success would be a good sign of intention and a step up from Moore who did well to steady the ship and bring back some pride
? Harry Redknapp being touted as a shock candidate.

This is a typical ‘Gravy Train’ scenario for the manager merry ‘money’.

A 10 match, short contract with bonuses for hitting play-offs and another big pay packet for promotion.

Another quick £1m in the bank and we recruit again in the summer.

Cynical I know.

But football is really is like this nowadays. So uninspiring for young fans and letting down old time fans like me.
(10-03-2019, 15:50)Stairs Wrote: ? Harry Redknapp being touted as a shock candidate.

This is a typical ‘Gravy Train’ scenario for the manager merry ‘money’.

A 10 match, short contract with bonuses for hitting play-offs and another big pay packet for promotion.

Another quick £1m in the bank and we recruit again in the summer.

Cynical I know.

But football is really is like this nowadays. So uninspiring for young fans and letting down old time fans like me.

Tough call but part of me wants to go up to the Premier League but part of me says I’d rather stay in Championship rather than have Allardyce / Redknapp or the likes at the helm.
I just hope that the backroom idiots (that we seem to have right now) have been looking at possible successors for a month or 2 as BD going has been on the cards for a little time, let's be honest. Any sensible board would already have a small shortlist, who are all available, and be phoning them all up right now.......
(10-03-2019, 10:05)BaggieMan Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 00:51)The Quantum Enigma Wrote: we are up shite creek without a paddle

yeah you slanty eyed twat
buy the club and hardly show up
idiot
sorry if im ranting on don`t mean to
a lot of you know i dont rant often
sooner this slanty eyed dipstick realises this club(our club) has supporters who have supported us through thick and thin
and love this club...we aint going away
we were here long before he was
stop funding chinese takeways in effing beijing and put some money into your investment

TWAT
right rant over

My dad’s slanty eyed Quantum

But only when he crawls back from the pub after 12 pints ? ? ? ? .  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh
Looking likely someone in before the Swansea game ...

Also seems Darren was told before the game its one he has to win or ....................
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(10-03-2019, 19:16)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Looking likely someone in before the Swansea game ...

Also seems Darren was told before the game its one he has to win or ....................

.... why do you say that, oh Beefy one?
Its what you pick up from twitter feed from Journalists,
A lot is speculation people putting two and two together but DM's hasty departure down the tunnel where as he usually sticks around until everybody is off the pitch seems to have a lot of people suggesting he was told before the game results have not been great and this is a must win or your out ..
Listening to his press conference I must say it seemed a little low key and suggestions are that DM already new of his fate before doing pressers but he still agreed to do them which shows what sort of a great man he is,
I just wished he had been a great manager he will still always be loved by all of us but when Big Dave was announced as manager there were many that said it would end in tears and it certainly has Confused
drewks likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Far to nice to be a football manager something I've always maintained, really we all wanted the fairy tale and Darren to take us back up.
But for me personally the "writing was on the wall" as soon as the club failed to fill the gaps created by the leavers in the summer.
Darren tried to paper over the cracks with anyone who could still kick a football that nobody else wanted.
The lack of funds restricted his ability to sign players, his partner GJ who DM put a lot of faith in failed to deliver.
His inability to change things and poor in game management (for whatever reason) eventually caught up with him.
All managers are measured on results and WBA's just weren't good enough to justify DM's position any longer.
It's not a crime to change your manager, but respect while doing it costs nothing. The way this has been done has sullied our great club.
No matter, DM with his people skills will always be loved - Jenkins however best go into hiding and Lai stay in China..
Carvalhal now mentioned.....
.... thoughts, Amelia, SCO?
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...r-15952388
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »