Thread Rating:
Hibs v Morton, Wed 29 March, KO 7.45pm
If only McGinn's shot had hit the back of the Morton net instead of the upright at the start , I reckon that would've drawn them out of their tight mid and defensive formation and it would've been a more attractive and open game with Hibs getting such an early boost. Also I still think Lenny set up to ensure Hibs were not gonna lose this match and that target was achieved with no goals conceded. However, it was an awful match and the most notable part of it was that end of match melee that IMO was utter frustration 'coming to the boil'!! It's a pity the red card incident occurred so close to the team dugouts TBH and both managers being sent to the stand is unusual! I'm not gonna comment on this ref, Nick Walsh - the regularity of poor performances is becoming tiresome TBF!! I'm sure other hibees share the same sentiments and I'm just glad we're unbeaten and picked up another point. I know Morton are not gonna be a threat to win the Championship now that I've observed their efforts for a full 90mins+. We are a smidgeon off winning it and it's a pity the 3 pts were not acquired tonight but c'est la vie. Oh aye, lastly I hope Darren Mac, the MOTM by a country mile, appeals that red card where his Morton victim deserves an Oscar for his 'fake collapse' on to the turf!
https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/847202976674582528

The gaffer is not a happy dude Laugh
That's exactly right as Lenny describes it - totally correct! The Morton player, Oyenuga, is indeed a cowardly big shit who went in with a leg breaking tackle and played the 'faked injury' part as well! It epitomises what I've said before re weak refs who are a danger to the safety of players on the pitch - absolutely galling and I've seen it time n time again this season!!! I'm curious to see the ref's match report because Morton should indeed 'have the book thrown at them' for that unacceptable escapade by their officials - absolutely ludicrous but will it be ignored esp if Hibs have handy tv evidence on the subject?
Just seen the SSN footage and the manager was angry with good reason. What the hell was duffy playing at ?

Our player was lucky not to get a broken leg from that challenge.
Everyone to their own Jim, .......however.......

It was the most exciting point of the game. Wink

Anyone who says Morton came to park the bus must have been at a different game.Nothing fell for them or chose the wrong ball, especially on their breaks.In contast when we did break quickly with Boyle midway through the second half and he looked up there was not one Hibs player apart from him in the Morton half.........not that he would have found them with his final ball, lol Doh Big Grin

Still a draw suits us more than them.......onwards and upwards Thumb up

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
The SFA apparently studying tv video footage of that melee! So all will be well or we'll discover there is still an SFA 'issue' with Hibs - having watched that incident, first hand, Morton definitely 95% culpable with the intimidation, antagonism etc and I'd give their offending player, Oyenuga, the guy who sparked this whole incident, a 5 match ban although we all know it will be a three match suspension!
Agreed 0762......lets hope they see sense.

If it happened anywhere else on the pitch it wouldn't have been half as bad.

How did the ref not see the feigning headbutt? ......he was only a foot from the incident?
"FOREVER UNITED"
If Walsh bizarrely didn't see it, his associate, the 4th official, has bound to have seen it like thousands of other Hibs fans!! I want Hibs to be strong and forthright in defending Darren Mac particularly with damning video footage backing them up in condemning a dangerous b###### and a cheat!
On a separate note, how refreshing to see the FIFA experimental video footage in action during the recent friendly international, France v Spain, and ref decisions rightly reversed on a number of occasions incl goal decisions! Great stuff!

(30-03-2017, 01:32)hibeejim21 Wrote: Just seen the SSN footage and the manager was angry with good reason. What the hell was duffy playing at ?

Our player was lucky not to get a broken leg from that challenge.

Jim Duffy admitting this morning on bbc radio that he was 'embarrassed' by his behaviour - that says it all but at least he is 'up front' and contrite re his emotions getting the better of him although he dismissed the insinuation that he asked for a 'square go' with Lenny. I suspect he wouldn't admit to that anyway TBF as it would be a damning admittance of guilt and he'd likely be suspended on that evidence alone.
I blame Duffy for the whole lot he had his team so pumped up for the game the no7 got away with murder all night. How the keeper got away with handling the ball outside the box only the ref can explain that.
Duffy was really animated all night jumping about all over the place then then flash point the guys a CHEAT plain enough for everyone to see. Hopefully justice will done and Daz will have his red card overturned.
Really it was just two managers sticking up for their players and a bit of handbags. Its been a while since a hibs manager has showed a bit of that kind of passion.

I still think mortons staff were mostly to blame,Duffy ran round several people to confront Lennon for a start off. But cant really believe so many folk are getting so outraged about it. Seen much much worse.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »