Thread Rating:
Scott McDonald
Keep one of them for cup ties and use the other one in Championship matches.
Confirmed holt is training with us with a view to signing on for a year. Was a good striker but hasn't played much through injury last couple of seasons. A risky one but could work out.

Lennon also confirmed we are in talks with mcdonald.....

Both set to happen i reckon.
Holt was brilliant for us a couple of seasons ago. McDonald was crap.
(28-06-2016, 23:44)Lord Snooty Wrote: Holt was brilliant for us a couple of seasons ago. McDonald was crap.

It shows how much more there is in a strikers role than just getting the ball in the net. For Huddersfield, McDonald played 13 times scoring once whilst Holt played 15 scoring twice. Not a great difference , however from what LS says I suspect he showed more in other areas to help the Terriers whether it was holding the ball up, making chances etc.

Looks like Lennon is thinking of both of them......Cummings offski?

Looking at Falkirks goalkeeper Rogers , who was on loan from Aberdeen.
"FOREVER UNITED"
Yes that's right. To be fair though, Mcdonald was nobbut a lad when we had him, whereas Holt was a seasoned professional.
He didn't really start scoring big time till he was at Motherwell, 2 years after you LS. He then scored regularly for Celtic and Middlesbrough so feel you are right that he was still too young when he was with you.
"FOREVER UNITED"
I've never seen a player use his big,fat arse to such good effect as McDonald.
Holt signs on a one year contract.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Potentially great signing. Lennon said he would have to prove he was fit first.

Rogers next apparently.
ritchiebaby likes this post
According to hibs pages the big man is over his knee injury and he's raring to go hopefully he can produce the goods it's important HFC get off to a flyer in this years campaign we want to hit the ground running and get maximum points on the board and keep going
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »