Thread Rating:
Signings of the last few years
Jerome Thomas did the job he was brought in to do, and despite being a bit of a one-trick pony (especially at Premier League level) we've never found a reliable replacement.

Chris Wood came out of the academy, and ultimately we were right to let him go. He's a good Championship player, but nothing more.
Squirrel Regis likes this post
Best loan signing might actually have been Kieran Richardson for me. I know Lukaku scored all of those goals but Richardson's impact was amazing. He was just a kid back then too.

Cod piece Cosmin Contra?

What a shocker. Anyone thinking Pearson is the future, well wasn't he assistant manager when we signed him?
One name missing from the lists is a certain Chilean full back.

I know Gonzalo Jara was signed in 2009 but he was with us for a handful of seasons.

I can remember certain posters (on the old 606?) waxing lyrical and getting very excited about his signing and the then concerns over the delays before the paperwork was finally completed.

He only played 50 odd times for us and with his suspect temperament was always a potential liability

Guess what? He's on the transfer list again with his present club in Germany.

TP won't sign him tho' because he is not a CB and is under six foot tall!
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
(02-10-2015, 00:41)Ska Wrote: Diego Lugano - is still walking back to the airport now

He's actually running if you look closer
Morgan Amalfitano seemed to split opinion, had some great moments but inconsistent and questions about his attitude, he's just left West Ham by mutual consent after falling out with the manager (sorry of someone else has mentioned this elsewhere), it's not a massive surprise is it.
(07-10-2015, 20:41)betterthanbaird Wrote: Morgan Amalfitano seemed to split opinion, had some great moments but inconsistent and questions about his attitude, he's just left West Ham by mutual consent after falling out with the manager (sorry of someone else has mentioned this elsewhere), it's not a massive surprise is it.

I liked him, it's cost a fortune to get rid of him to plus he'll be an absolute bargain to someone like Sunderland
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »