Thread Rating:
HTFC January Transfer Window 2023
I guess Baldwin knows the players and can vouch for their characters.

We know Russell will be gone, we have a decent idea that tino will be gone, as will mbete, that frees up a chunk of wages
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Was it that Hefele knew more German than the new short-term manager?

Isn't it significant to any of you that Rhodes reserved his best performance not only for his OWN 200th, but also for the opening of the transfer window? Strikers do tend to be selfish. The question to ask is will he keep doing that, or is the weight of evidence all those games in which you've all been moaning about your forward line's absence? The thing to do is surely to keep him AND bring in a younger replacement / partner and see how he crumbles that cookie. If Jordan wants it can become a rope to hang him, OR a new lease of life. At the bottom you do need somebody who will give you a functioning attack every game, rather than once every few weeks ...... which is also why you need a permanently functional manager rather than an inhabitant of his own inner world. There'll be a choice of two repeat buttons available for the Rotherham game, and the one you choose will probably set the tone for future signings and the rest of your season. At the moment I look at your manager and see Gary Caldwell at Chesterfield, fashioning an imaginary team to play in a way that rarely broached reality. If we ever seemed to have hit a positive he always interpreted it in a way that took us back to square one. A win against Rotherham, two or three in the onion bag and you'll be moving forward, but you'll need more of it won't you? It isn't just going to keep happening accidentally.
Lord Snooty likes this post
We have a loan signing. Matt Lowton from Burnley.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2023/january/...s-on-loan/
Lord Snooty likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
(04-01-2023, 13:43)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: We have a loan signing. Matt Lowton from Burnley.

https://www.htafc.com/news/2023/january/...s-on-loan/

Obviously, as he's from Chesterfield originally, he's a great signing.
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
And ten foot tall Kyle Hudlin has been recalled. Looking good for Saturday's FA Cup squad.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I think most of our loaned out players are being recalled before being re-assigned.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I'd go as far to say none of the recalled players are good enough to play in the Championship for Town. Maybe look at them all in the cup on Saturday but then loan them all back out
(04-01-2023, 16:19)WakeyTerrier Wrote: I'd go as far to say none of the recalled players are good enough to play in the Championship for Town. Maybe look at them all in the cup on Saturday but then loan them all back out

i'd say most the first team arent good enough to play in the championship for town Whistle
Another day, another door, another high, another low
(04-01-2023, 17:52)jjamez Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 16:19)WakeyTerrier Wrote: I'd go as far to say none of the recalled players are good enough to play in the Championship for Town. Maybe look at them all in the cup on Saturday but then loan them all back out

i'd say most the first team arent good enough to play in the championship for town  Whistle

and I'd agree
Kamberi has signed then.

Looking at his record, 41 goals in 195 appearnces, sounds reasonable.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »