Thread Rating:
WBA vs Reading & Barnsley - Match Thread
"Brilliant performance" according to E&S
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
A win!
25 - 4 shots, 11 - 0 on target..... that's a lorra lorra shots to end up scrambling to a 1-0 win.
Still, with all the absentees, we should be pretty pleased with the result..... shouldn't we?
I wonder if there are some of our old academy players looking on, watching from the reserves bench of some third tier club they are on loan with, thinking if only I had not been so impatient and greedy.
Dingle-Dingle, Blue Baggie, drewks like this post
Good football, good team-work, plenty of chances, particularly in the first half, and I must say makes the three hours drive back home a real change! Well done the lads.
not a bad performance this afternoon , considering what val had to work with
usual story created numerous chances but no-one(and their goalkeeper)on the end of them
still three points another game unbeaten at home

one gripe though...please get shot of hugill waste of a shirt
@Kristien 1965
(11-12-2021, 18:58)drewks Wrote: A win!
25 - 4 shots, 11 - 0 on target..... that's a lorra lorra shots to end up scrambling to a 1-0 win.
Still, with all the absentees, we should be pretty pleased with the result..... shouldn't we?

It's been the same in nearly every match this season, which high lights why we desperately need 1 or 2 goal scorers added in the Jan window. However, as you say 'pleased with the result' Thumb up
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
I've just read the attendance yesterday was 11,000. Is that right or misprint? Was the weather appalling? Was this due to Covid-fear?

How can attendance drop by half (no sign of same at other Grounds)?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
My first home game of the season with my bro. I saw the absentees pre match and feared the worst but I thought we played very well. Kept possession well and won it back when needed. I don’t players create enough space when they don’t have the ball but there was no hoofball. But as everyone says we desperately need a goal scorer- there was no shortage of chances and half chances but no finishing touch. Hugill tries hard but is not the answer, Robinson got the goal but was very wasteful. I thought the makeshift defence, marshalled well by Bartley, was excellent and Mowatt & Mulumby did well in midfield.

In all this I thought we were helped by an abject Reading team, admittedly also hit by illness and injury. I remember some interest in signing Andy Carroll a few weeks ago; thank goodness we didn’t. Completely disinterested, there was a guy stealing a living- his only contribution occurred on his own goal line. For all Hugill’s faults, I prefer him to Carroll…of course, my real preference is neither Smile Smile
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
(11-12-2021, 19:04)Salopbaggie Wrote: I wonder if there are some of our old academy players looking on, watching from the reserves bench of some third tier club they are on loan with, thinking if only I had not been so impatient and greedy.

"But look at my car".

DD Big Grin Big Grin
Ubique.
Was hoping to get a Christmas thread up by today, but hopelessly pressed for time; sadly it won't happen. Feel free to use this thread for discussion of tonight's match at Barnsley.
The Crown, Lords & Commons are the Crown, Lords & Commons of Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. In the heart of the empire on which the sun never sets, in the land of hope and glory, is Rusty Lane, West Bromwich. What do they know of England who only England know? The answer must be Rusty Lane, West Bromwich.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »