Thread Rating:
t'Yorkshires v t'Oatcakes - 30/01/21
And why did he blow for half time when we have an attacking freekick. If Bacuna's down receiving treatment, that's more time to be added on. Bizarre.

Watching on Sky, they've still got the Karlan Grant on in the background. Doh

(30-01-2021, 17:54)Lord Snooty Wrote: Good start and a good, well worked opening goal. And then, typically, we gift them an equaliser. A terrible pass by Keogh, followed by a stupid tackle by Sarr.
Interesting end to the half with the red card. Interesting to see how we cock this one up now against ten men. Rolleyes

By playing walking football and letting the half drift by. Blush
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Yup - letting them sit back rather than draw them out and run through them. Passed it sideways and backwards all the 2nd half.

At least we didn't end up with a full hand of 0's for January, but 1 point from 5 games is hardly mid-table form either
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Woeful utterly woeful
Another day, another door, another high, another low
Careless post-match on Radio Local - we missed Oggy today Whistle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p095m5ws
A guide to cask ale.

How long's Koroma gonna be out? I'm sure he's been missing longer than they said. Huh
Highlights

A guide to cask ale.

Kwik Kwiz

Yorkshires of a Sunday?
Are you .....
An onion gravy for starters type?
Strictly only with the Sunday Roast and gravy and trimmings type?
A Golden Syrup/Maple Syrup or some other sweet topping/filling for dessert type?
Or an all 3 greedy bastard like me type?  Tongue

Big assed Yorkshires every other day o't' week. Take your pick.
Toad in t'ole? Veggie 
Yorkshire filled with chili?
Yorkshire filled with curry? (any type)
Yorkshire filled wi'a Barnsley chop (or 2) might also be considered the alternative to the Sunday Roast job?
Veggie Yorkshire? - (I don't know why, but some would, or do, wet or dry).
Yorkshire filled with stew? Veggie
Yorkshire wrap? (pick yer filling).
Yorkshire reggae? (wi' lime marmalade, orange or lemon marmalade and strawberry jam in'. Wi jammin, wi jammin, wi jammin in the name o' de Lord.). Whistle
Yorkshire Dale (wi' owt else fancy ya care to suggest? Fish, scampi, chips, rice, hell, the Chinese take-aways normally have everything covered but Yorkshires  Tongue ).

If we weren't all shut down I'd open the worlds first (or maybe Wolverhampton's first) Yorkshire Pudding Emporium - it has to be the next "not so quite" fast food surely? All those currently waiting for hours in a traffic jam and blocking the roads into/out of town for a Micky D could have mine in 15 minutes (probably longer tbh). Tongue

For the Smokies reading - what do you like with your Oatcakes?
I've seen mushrooms suggested, eggs and bacon, Full-Monty breakfasts and even strawberries and butter, or is it strictly just a glass of milk?

I will try a wrap one day. I've never considered one for dessert but icecream with golden or maple syrup sounds appealing. I was brought up with stew and dumplings but you have the dumplings first with golden syrup. And, no, it's not weird!  Tongue
theo_luddite likes this post
So, judging by the answers we prefer Yorkshire Puddings to eat to bringing back any of our former Yorkshire Puddings from the bright lights of Smoke-on-Stench Laugh
A guide to cask ale.

Well would any of them improve the squad? Ince and Afobe have lost their scoring touch. Benik is another one who's got a season ticket for the treatment room. If we brought Toffee Smith back, he would be second choice to Pipa, so no, not really.
Not sure Lee Gregory's a good idea either. He's the same age as Fraizer Campbell. The only Stoke player I would take would be their Tyrese. And he's Premier League bound soon, so no chance of that ever happening.
We could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored a second.

I was saying to Mitzi on Saturday that when we get forward out wide the player should always put the ball into the box, that is his job. If the forward hasn't made that run that he should be doing then that's the forwards fault. On at least 2 occasions on Saturday that is exactly what happened. 2 decent balls in the box and Campbell was on his heels rather than the front foot attacking the 6 yard box.
Forwards should always anticipate the ball coming across, not sat kicking his heels expecting a ball to feet all of the time and until Campbell and our other 4 strikers that don't play get that then we will struggle to score goals.

Other notes from Saturday.
Yet another goal gifted, yes Sarr gives the penalty away but it's Keogh who was responsible for the whole sorry episode of defending. We need to learn when to and when not to piss around with the ball in defence.
Mbenza, is it just me or is he incapable of going past his man with the ball. Seems to take the option of recycling the ball either back to the defence of the middle of the park every time. The only time he seemed to go past a man was when he ran off to be substituted
SHEP_HTAFC likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »