Thread Rating:
Another 3 points
For the second Saturday in succession The Robins, playing at the Jonny Rocks Stadium put 3 goals past the opposition.

This was a far more comprehensive victory than the previous game against Oldham with The Robins again taking the lead early in the first half through loanee Max Sheaf.

Although well on top for the rest of the half Cheltenham were unable to extend their lead.
However, right from the re-start they kept up the pressure on Walsall and just three minutes in and they extended their lead through Connor Thomas. New recruit Alfie May added a third after 70 minutes to put the result beyond doubt.

Walsall pulled a goal back just 3 minutes later to the obvious disappointment of on loan goalkeeper Owen Evans who, in fairness, had very little to do but whom looked like a very sound temporary acquisition.

Only downside was that midfielder Ryan Broom went off apparently injured after only 15 minutes. Hopefully this was as a precaution only.

One final observation. The refereeing was just about the worst I have seen this season bringing, at times, howls of protest from both sets of fans particularly late on in the game.

Should have gone to specsavers. Doh
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Another 3 points - by silverbaggie - 12-01-2020, 11:13