Thread Rating:
Michael Owen: Jude Bellingham's Massive Chance for Ballon d'Or with Strong Euro 2024
Thumbs Up 
Jude Bellingham Has a "Huge Opportunity" to Win Ballon d'Or with a Stellar Euro 2024 Performance for England - Michael Owen

Michael Owen believes that Jude Bellingham has a "massive chance" to win the Ballon d'Or if he performs well in the UEFA Champions League final and if England advances far in Euro 2024.

Owen, who won the prestigious individual honor in 2001, recognizes the significance of the award. Bellingham, who has been instrumental in Real Madrid's 36th La Liga title this season, could become the first Englishman to win the Ballon d'Or since Owen, who was 22 when he triumphed over Raul and Oliver Kahn. The former Birmingham City midfielder is now one of the top contenders for the award.

With a Champions League final—broadcast live on TNT Sports and discovery+—against his former club Borussia Dortmund and the opportunity to win England's first major trophy since 1966, Michael Owen believes that Jude Bellingham could clinch the prestigious Ballon d'Or.

"The Ballon d'Or is awarded to players who have an exceptional season, not only individually but also in terms of winning significant titles," Owen told TNT Sports.

"If Jude Bellingham wins La Liga, which he already has, and the Champions League while being one of the standout performers for his team, then he has to be in the conversation for the Ballon d'Or," Michael Owen stated.

"A lot will depend on Euro 2024 with England. If he has a strong tournament and England goes far, then you could rightly say he has a massive chance."

Bellingham is on track to end the season as Real Madrid's top scorer in all competitions, boasting 23 goals and ten assists in 37 matches.

At just 20 years old, he already stands out as a key figure for his team. Owen believes he will be eagerly anticipating the match at Wembley with his club.

"I think Jude Bellingham will be absolutely excited and looking forward to this match," he said. "I don't really buy into the concept of pressure, I must admit."

"Regardless of their job, I think everyone is taught how to manage or adapt to certain situations. Owen stated, "It just so happens that Jude Bellingham is an excellent football player."

In the real world, applying your skills is similar to working anywhere else. You practice doing it, you know you can pull it off, and you show up. He is confident in his abilities to perform in front of the public, media, and other professionals because he has put in a lot of work."

Real Madrid advanced to their 18th Champions League final after defeating German powerhouse Bayern Munich 4-3 on aggregate.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Michael Owen: Jude Bellingham's Massive Chance for Ballon d'Or with Strong Euro 2024 - by kush1298 - 29-05-2024, 12:26