Take it easy The Eagles

Written by Browne with Glen Frey
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Make It Easy On Yourself - Walker Brothers
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

This version - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtD3tHcPtGM

I think I can just about squeeze this in but it would have fit better before Snoots's post.

The most requested song ever on The Old Grey Whistle Test, or TOGWT as some of us know it.

Whispering Bob Harris and Annie Nightingale, still batting as far as I know, Whispering Bob seems too turn up more often than the Nightingale from Berkeley Square these days though on Radio 2. Shame.

I know I might be challenging a few of you on that one, both with the song and the tellybox show and presenters that many of us old farts used to watch until the little black dot appeared on the BBC 2 screen or Radio One (at the time) disappeared up it's own what not if you weren't listening to Radio Local.

Thankfully we only had to stand up and salute for God Save The Queen before going to bed on BBC1 in those days.
ritchiebaby and Lord Snooty like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Last Request - Paolo Nutini
theo_luddite likes this post
Do That To Me One More Time by Captain and Tenille

As an aside to theo's post, my favourite TOGWT performance was Delilah (in the news recently) by SAHB
Cabbage is still good for you
Cor blimey! That cleared the old ear wax out. Thanks Theo.

Glad It's All Over - Captain Sensible
Richie, that was a good 'un. One of the most memorable too in my opinion. I take it you turned the volume up to 11 Snoots?

Freebird, Hotel California, hmmm what's next when it comes to geetar solo's? Comfortably Numb maybe?
ritchiebaby likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Maybe a new thread, theo? Too many contenders to contemplate here.

Whole Wide World by Wreckless Eric
Cabbage is still good for you
Positive Thinking - Morecambe and Wise
(20-02-2023, 00:30)theo_luddite Wrote: Richie, that was a good 'un. One of the most memorable too in my opinion. I take it you turned the volume up to 11 Snoots?

Freebird, Hotel California, hmmm what's next when it comes to geetar solo's? Comfortably Numb maybe?

Three or four years ago they had an interview with two members of the Sensationals, it was so rock and roll that both members of the band arrived at the studio in Glasgow by public transport

Fools rush in (Where Angels Fear to tread) Elvis Presley

Fools rush in, where wise men never go
But wise men never fall in love

A couple of Steely Dan guitar solo's in Chain Lightning and Peg, long guitar solo's Numb good

By the way the other track they did on that OGWT was Give my Compliments to the Chef
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »