Thread Rating:
Fondop-Talom
Now there's a player we could get for nothing, who a year ago was a good player. Looked like ripping it up at Wrexham then he got injured and the magic died.

Wrexham are as notorious as us for getting things wrong.

Fondop-Talom is a big strong and intelligent centre forward. He ought to be able to pair up with Boden. And he's afree agent. Trouble is Sheri and co won't have heard of him. Specially as he's not your typical footballer. Despite his degree his ambition was apparently to make it as a pro' footballer.

He's definitely better than McKay.
(16-08-2019, 00:47)Devongone Wrote: Now there's a player we could get for nothing, who a year ago was a good player. Looked like ripping it up at Wrexham then he got injured and the magic died.

Wrexham are as notorious as us for getting things wrong.

Fondop-Talom is a big strong and intelligent centre forward. He ought to be able to pair up with Boden. And he's afree agent. Trouble is Sheri and co won't have heard of him. Specially as he's not your typical footballer. Despite his degree his ambition was apparently to make it as a pro' footballer.

He's definitely better than McKay.

We need someone who knows this division and the non-league scene who can find gems. We need a RB and Alex Brown at Buxton would be the perfect player for us in that position. As for the striker role to pair up with Boden why not use Rawson or Amantchi? Lee Shaw scored the other night for Guiseley yet we've sent him on loan for the whole season which doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

For Saturday's game against Barnet this would be my team.

Coddington

Buchanan
Evans
Yarney
Sheridan

Wakefield
Wedgbury
Weston
Smith

Boden
Amantchi

You'll probably criticise that line up but we need to try something new and that means a radical change. We've not won in 4 games so why not let some of the youth or fringe players have a go and see if they can do something.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Your midfield is an enormously slow, very defensive disaster, but that is because of the kind of players we've got really. I'd play Mandy there just because you almost have to have something creative coming from there to score from open play.

Unlike Dancing I'd persevere with Rowley in the long term. I'd bring Lee Shaw back immediately. I too would play Amantchi.

Fondop-Talom would be an excellent signing for us ..... as would Buxton from Buxton ...... but if we can't see as far as Buxton we somehow have to arrange for players to bump into Sheridan at the bar.
Matt, I want to report that team selection to the authorities.

Mandeville has been our best attacking midfielder but doesnt make your team and none of us has a clue what Sheridan is like as a full back. When he came on Tues night he played 80% of the time in their half. Buchanan moved to midfield and actually looked pretty good. I know Dev will disagree but 2 left backs in a flat back 4 ???? Hollis has been much improved on last season and yet has no place in your team. Weston is just plain awful and slows play down. Smith has been poor both games I have seen him play this season.
Think you need to go back to the drawing board.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Maybe Shez reads this forum but doesn't post Dev.
It's known that someone does read Bob's Board and also monitors social media, so wouldn't surprise me if they also read this board as well.

Does Dev have a crystal ball? We've signed Fondop on a 1 year deal.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Well if Fondop-Talom is no good we'll soon see, but I wanted us to sign him back when he was playing for Guiseley, so we'll see if I was right. He's different from both Denton and Boden, but I wouldn't play him and Denton in the same side ...... I might play him and Amantchi together though.

He clearly has a brain, so he probably has opinions which doesn't always make you popular in professional football.

My opinion is he was too good to miss ...... we can't just keep waiting for Denton and Spyrou to be fit and suck up the defeats on the way. Maybe we can move McKay out on loan?

Saw McGlashan play back in his Cheltenham days. Okay but ........ In normal circumstances I wouldn't have signed a 31 year old winger on loan, but looking at the league table these aren't normal circumstances. The smell of panic is all too obvious. You can certainly sniff it on me!
Well he has started well!! Scores after 2 mins of his debut!!
Even I can be right sometimes.

Has a debutant ever scored quicker for us?
Mind your ears on the door frame Dev.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »