Thread Rating:
Scottish League Cup: Hibs v Morton
We've finally arrived at the KO stages of the Betfred Cup and for me the "alarm bells are ringing" following that surprise "thrashing" at Ibronx where the nature of this defeat was totally unacceptable in terms of team organisation, tactics and generally motivating players to perform well!! Morton are certainly not Rangers FC but I fear a possible shock all the same! Ideally, Hibs will pass this test and progress to the next round of a cup competition that will generate some revenue for the club, as well as fan "interest", if we reach the latter stages. Fingers crossed my concern is not confirmed on Saturday. C'mon Hibs!

GGTTH
FT and a 5-3 victory for Hibs after ET in the most entertaining match of the day when Hibs should've been "coasting" 4-0 in the 1st half but Kamberi's poor marksmanship ensured that 2-0 remained the score until Morton replied with their uplifting 1st goal. Then losing a last min 3rd goal, another OG, was absolutely bizarre and disappointing!! Kamberi and Doidge ensured Hibs progress in ET with Kamberi trying to impress Basel observers in the West Stand - a possible transfer target! Also David Gray injured again and I think the CB partnership of Magregor and Hanlon is over TBF even though Daz injured in the 14th minute! Our defence is not strong enough and IMO Porteous must be returned to Hibs back line asap. There is a lotta work for Hecky to do esp bearing in mind that Hibs are not signing any more players!! I think we are short by at least two positions!! Please reconsider this decision Leeann/Hibs!!!
It's quite bvious that we do not have the players to fire us into the top 4 so there has to be an investment in the pool or we could be in for a long hard slog.
Is Hecky theright man for the job? I'm not too convinced he is but if he has to go the board should act quickly before the season is a total loss.
0762 likes this post
We can't defend for shit.

What I saw yesterday was a complete shambles with players all over the place - we were very fortunate to get through. Its not been a great window outside of signing Scott Allan (who is absolute quality by the way) Middleton looks ok but not significantly better than anything we already have.

Kamberi scored good goals, but rumour has it Swiss clubs were watching him today and he is likely to be for the off.

I know its very early days and getting through is all that matters in the cup but I'm starting to get a bit worried about hecky. That 'work in progress' line he uses is becoming a bit old now.
(18-08-2019, 00:21)1Wattie Wrote: It's quite bvious that we do not have the players to fire us into the top 4 so there has to be an investment in the pool or we could be in for a long hard slog.
Is Hecky theright man for the job? I'm not too convinced he is but if he has to go the board should act quickly before the season is a total loss.

I now think my initial reaction after that Ibronx debacle was absolutely right - the manager and certain coaching staff should've been sacked on the following Monday morning! All his signings have been unimpressive and it is no coincidence that Scotty Allan is a Lenny signing eh!! A common theme is his tactics are pish, the team has no balance to it and I also don't think he is a great motivator of players! The evidence is on the pitch and we are watching a poor Hibs team at the mo with players not being used properly and a shortage of real quality. I also think Kamberi's situation re trying to impress possible Swiss suitors was a "factor" in this game being won. This manager had to focus on improving a poor defence and matching it up with a defensive mid player who can protect our back line. I think we can achieve that target but I don't think Hecky has the capability of doing that! Compare this guy and his assistant with Lenny and Parkes - chalk n cheese!! I repeat my previous question - "What is wee Strachan doing at the moment"?? We need to change this and do it soon!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »