Thread Rating:
Millwall v The Owls SBC Match Thread
THE MATCH

SATURDAY 17TH AUGUST 3:00PM KICK OFF

[Image: 200px-Millwall_FC_logo.png] v [Image: c8f0e1f02feea03b72811b4b50c0f4c0--britis...nesday.jpg]

[b]LAST MATCH

Our first home game of the season and a local derby to boot against the dingles and a deserved 2-0 win for the boys. New boy Jacob Murphy made his debut and took only two minutes to open his account with a tidy finish after the ball broke to him in the box. Reach had a 1-on-1 but the goalie blocked well and Dawson saved well from point blank range. Harris always seemed a threat when he got the ball as we shaded the 1st half. 2nd half we bossed more than the first half, with Fletcher getting his first of the season after good work by Murphy & Lee. We had one scare when Lees had to clear off the line but we had several chances of our own with Fletch, Hutch, Rhodes, Harris & sub Luongo all having chances. We saw the game out with no major scares to make it 2 wins out of 2.

THE MATCH

Back on the road as we make the long trip down to Millwall. The Lions have won & drawn there first 2 games against Preston & WBA respectively. A team with with no real stars in it but manager Neil Harris always seems to get a performance out of them. A mid table finish would seem the most likely finishing position. We have lost only once on our last 6 visits to the New Den (no surprise it was when Dross was in charge and he didn't play any strikers Doh ) while winning 3 times and drawing twice. Can we make it 3 wins in a row to start the season?

CURRENT FORM

OWLS               -            Big Grin  Big Grin    

MILL                -             Confused   Big Grin

THE BASTARD IN THE BLACK

THE TEAM

Westwood & Iorfa return from suspension. Westwood will go straight back in while Iorfa could get a spot on the bench. Will Bannan be fit is the other question. If not I might start Luongo alongside Lee & Hutch to make us a bit more solid and drop either Reach or Murphy to the bench.

Westwood
Obudajo Lee Borner Palmer
Lee Hutch Luongo
Murphy Fletcher Harris

SCORE & SCORER (HOME TEAM SCORE FIRST)

1-1 Harris

POSSESSION X CORNERS

BML STANDINGS

Stateside 2
Southey 2
Owlkev 2

OTHER GAMES OF MILD INTEREST

Barnsley v Charlton
Blackburn v Middlesboro
Luton v WBA
Notts Forest v Birmingham
Wigan v Leeds

HDDHA

THE MUPPETT LEAGUE

Imre - copying score and scorer - one match ban!!!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7264048]

KATE BECKINSALE TRIBUTE PIC

[Image: iypski5vqnrtadp4tw17.jpg]
[Image: Kate1.jpg]
[Image: rs_600x600-170411105514-634-kate-beckins...quality=90]

One for Washington Big Grin

[Image: tenor_(23).gif.3c925357901b17f362d244cf49410d62.gif]

The thread awaits the Meggo of Statesides choice.[/b]
Washington and Statesideowl like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
0-2 Rhodes

DDDDD
This will be our toughest game of the season so far, be interesting to see how we line up for this one. I think Bullen will drop one of the wingers to add a bit more strength in the center midfield area, that probably means Bannan back in and Reach hanging a bit wider, with Murphy on the bench.

1-2 Fletcher
DDDHA
1-2 Fletcher
Ddddd
Why is peiowl not in the muppet league ? Check his correct score from last week please and proceed !

Due a win at Millwall but after watching how easy we get opened up last weekend it worries me a bit !
Westwood will be back though and I would give the new lad his debut Bates and have effectively 3 center backs when umbongo and ( iorfa or Palmer ) go roaming forward!
Bannan Lee and Hutch will have to play this one ..so it's 2 from the 3 of reach Harris and Murphy who I would put on the bench ...and Harris is heads above at the minute so not playing him would be mental ! ..5-4-1 that can easily convert into 3-5-2 ..would be my plan ! And I'd bring the subs on at ht aswell however well or badly we are doing as apart from minge and fox everyone deserves his time on the pitch at the moment and it's been a effing long time since I could say that !

And get Penney back on the bench with winnall both deserve a shout !

And there's also the new lad lumbongo who can relieve Lee at ht if needed or replace hutch ...it's never looked so good infact this is the best team I've seen since the playoff final ..if not better ?
Just need as manager !! Cos bullen still doesn't convince me !
Statesideowl likes this post
Cheers, Kev.

I agree this is going to be a tough one but it's definitely winnable. We've played patient attacking football so far.

2-3 Fletcher

DHHAH

Thread is blessed by Dave!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1081]

"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Millwall have played away twice at west bumming albion in the space of a week drawing one in the league and winning on pens in the poopoo cup ! this could have bored them to death and worked them into the ground ! i certainly think we will be the ones 10% fitter when the whistle blows at 3 oclcock ..im hopig for a couple of early goals to kill the gme off before they wake up !

got to take our chances !!!
Muppet imre sco. Score and scorer.

0-1 Reach

Hhhhh
"God Save the King."
(16-08-2019, 00:41)peiowl Wrote: Muppet imre sco. Score and scorer.

Good spot!!!
Think you will find that's a problem the timing as it was posted within 5 minutes of each other I was obviously writing mine out and not seeing the post what Charlie wrote .
But you my friend just put the score down with no scorer ..muppet !
And I refuse to change my post on the timing of it ! So eff off both of you !
(16-08-2019, 03:26)Imre varadi Wrote: Think you will find that's a problem the timing  as it was posted within 5 minutes of each other I was obviously writing mine out and not seeing the post what Charlie wrote .
But you my friend just put the score down with no scorer ..muppet !
And I refuse to change my post on the timing of it ! So eff off both of you !

I'll get the Smartass if we win by that score but I doubt either of us will care much, just want the win from this one!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »