Thread Rating:
To alleviate the boredom
How could I not get Queen of the South? Sick Blush Doh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Well, Salts how can you complain about Darmstadt when you put East Stirlingshire in there? Aren't they about halfway down the Lowland League or something ……….?

Otherwise it was very good. I'd never have thought of Torquay, but it was easy once you knew the answer. And I didn't see why Snoots' Boreham Wood would be right because of armada, but I didn't have the sense to leap to Fleet ………. dear me.

Well done. I'd only managed about half of Matt's anagrams when I gave up so I didn't want to advertise the fact.

Dancing is very quiet. I'm worried about him!
Consider my wrists well and truly slapped, Dev. Smile To be fair, though, I did say that the criteria were the same as before; namely, they weren`t necessarily EFL or SFL teams. Anyway, I quite liked the clue.

In my thesaurus, Snoots, 'torque' was given as a synonym for 'twist' so think of Torquay as 'torque-ee'. It makes sense then. Sort of.

I`ve noticed that Dancing`s gone quiet as well; it`s not like him at all. Are you out there, fellah?
Lord Snooty likes this post
(28-03-2020, 17:05)Devongone Wrote: Dancing is very quiet. I'm worried about him!

He was logged in yesterday, so he's probably reading the forum but not posting.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Sorry guys, no need to panic or worry. With the weather the way it has been I have been busy on the allotment and have been so knackered have just been reading.

Have been keeping going with a big smile at some of the stuff people are sending me on my mobile.
We should start a post off for these and if somebody can tell me how to get something off Whatsap onto here I will share them. Here's a couple for starters

https://twitter.com/dipsMUFC/status/1244...80224?s=09

https://twitter.com/TwatBibIe/status/124...43168?s=09
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Good to know that you`re still hale and heart, Dancing, and we look forward to seeing your giant marrow on display at the Bakewell Show (in the unlikely event that it actually happens this year). Remember social distancing, though; don`t be getting too close to your carrots.
Bakewell show finished SGB. They had a washout 2 years and said no more.
Its been more landscaping than getting down and dirty with my vedgies.
In a few months time if everything is still the way it is I can see me putting a night patrol on to stop unwanted visitors.
The allotment, how very Jeremy-Corbyn of you Dancing.

After Pooch's demise though I'm glad you're alive.

Now then next season, NEW KEEPER - why not sign Cameron Mason our ex-Junior. He has made the England-C squad. He's kept 11 clean sheets for a team permanently near the bottom of National North. He's still young.

And another potential re-sign that would shock Spireites, why not take a chance on Diego de Girolamo? He has scored 23 goals this season! He wouldn't cost us and he must have got back some of his old sparkle at Buxton scoring like that. After all he doesn't even play centre forward.
I didn`t know about Bakewell Show, Dancing; it just goes to show how out of touch I am down here. Mind you, I seem to remember it being a standing joke for years that it always poured down when it was on. August Bank Holiday, was it? Or is my memory playing tricks on me again?

I know what you mean about security patrols. My father-in-law – he passed on a few years ago – always grew his own veggies until a ripe old age and told me not long before he died that 20/30 years ago he never had to worry about his stuff being pinched but it had got to the stage where he almost had barbed wire put up around his garden; so much was disappearing. Sad, isn`t it.

Having said that, when you hear on the news that people are nicking emergency equipment from hospitals in the current situation, you have to wonder how low some people will stoop.
Dont know how you can think football Dev, its going to be a long time before we see a ball being kicked again.
Would imagine new signings are a distant dream until July August at the earliest.
Until they decide what they are doing with the current season cant see any club will be signing anybody.

A couple of weeks back when we had the cold spell, we had a sleeper in one of the sheds. He lived there for a week before anybody realised so people nicking fruit and veg wont be a surprise. Dont tell Jezza though he'll want us to run it as a homeless hostel.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »