Thread Rating:
League Cup 2019
Full time:  1-2
Disgraceful

Angry
We can concentrate on the league now...

Or rather, concentrate on staying in the league.

On the evidence of what we've seen so far, it's going to be a long hard season.
A long hard relegation scrap ahead. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
Calm down guys a little to much over reaction we have another two too players to come in yet but boy we need Hegazi back asap !!!
One point worth noting is Burke is getting peltres on Twitter , lazy , uninterested, waste of space and that's a few kind words !!
drewks likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(13-08-2019, 23:07)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Calm down guys a little to much over reaction we have another two too players to come in yet but boy we need Hegazi back asap !!!
One point worth noting is Burke is getting peltres on Twitter , lazy , uninterested, waste of space and that's a few kind words !!

Was just being sarcastic, I'm not sure what the season holds yet.

Although after Saturday my gut tells me the manager is clueless and this squad isn't good enough.

The positive take away is Austin scored. I just hope he can stay fit, because with this team I really don't see where the goals are coming from otherwise.

As for Burke, there's probably a reason why every other manager at the club has got shot. I saw him play a few times for Forest and saw something in him, but yet to see him do anything in our shirt. Although I don't think it helps that none of our managers seem to be able to see his best position would be in a wide area without defensive duties.
I guess we have to accept that it will take a few weeks to get the squad to gel. But, this was a hard to swallow.
Burke was an expensive ‘Pulis Buy - one for the future’ he said.
From what I’ve seen he can go back to the future as far as I’m concerned.
Wonder what Uncle Tony’s reward was for signing Burke at such a high cost.

Whistle
Just got back.

Nicest thing I can say about Burke is he was Millwall's best defender. Every attack we had broke down when he got involved. Can't control the ball, can't pass the ball, makes the wrong decisions, not on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. He looks like a player who knows he's not good enough for this level.
Disappointed but not too concerned. SB made 9 changes tonight with the players playing together for the first time. I am waiting to see the line up at the weekend. We will probably see Johnstone, Ferguson, Gibbs, Bartley, Phillips, Sawyer and Krovanovic start along with Austin and either Periera or Diagana so a very different team to tonight. Perhaps a slight criticism of SB for making too many changes tonight.

Certainly agree that Burke should not be involved. I still have to be convinced about Ajayi, hopefully he will be moved to DM once Hegazi is available.
Probably a question for Josh what was Burke like at Leipzig? We know he scored a few goals for Forest, what made us throw £15m at him ?
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »