Thread Rating:
England squad
Jake Livermore, eh? Who'd have thought it?
Let's hope he goes on to do better than the last Albion player to make the England squad...
Hope he gets a few minutes on the pitch, anyway.
Great news for Jake, the squad and the club.

Even if he doesn't get on the pitch, the recognition of his quality can only improve Jake unlike the last other West Brom outfield playing drug taking fat slob.

Well done Jake !

Thumb up
Great news for Jake, but no way is Ben foster behind those other keepers. Granted not seen much of Hart this season, but really!!!! Forster and Heaton ahead of him.
(16-03-2017, 20:36)baggietrousers Wrote: Great news for Jake, but no way is Ben foster behind those other keepers. Granted not seen much of Hart this season, but really!!!! Forster and Heaton ahead of him.

I agree, Fozzie has had an excellent season. Combine that with my habitual rant over Hart's inability to deal with anything three yards from his goal and I'm mystified why he gets the nod over Ben. Sorry but this is style/image over substance.
Would I swap any of the 3 keepers for Ben? - not a chance.

He's a model pro and nice guy to boot and he's been outstanding for us.

I honestly think he's a very contented keeper whose happy at the club, loves the club and in my opinion the England spot is a bit of a poisoned chalice anyway, but it's still ridiculous that he's been overlooked.
talkSAFT and drewks like this post
firstly what idiot arranged a stupid friendly so close to the end of the season?
secondly why announce a squad of players that a majority of their clubs aint going to pleased about(granted 80% wont play)
and my final point.......Defoe?........how old is that guy now?......sorry but the guy maybe doing well at Sinkerland
but he`s way way way past being an England Player..

good to see though that Livermore has been called up although he may not play..pleased for the lad
@Kristien 1965
Forster ahead of Foster ???????????
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis.
Has Ben decided he wishes to play for England again? I thought he had asked not to be considered. DD Huh Huh
Ubique.
Foster is currently the best keeper in England - simples.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »