Thread Rating:
Strachan's second 2016 friendly: Scotland v Denmark
This is another chance for wee Gordon to have a look at budding younger Scottish players, like Kieran Tierney and John McGinn, to assess if they can handle an international match at this level. This should be quite an attractive match v the Danes and Scott Broon's return will rack up his 50th cap for Scotland. To think Tierney was only 8 years old when Broony earned his 1st Scotland cap but of course we need good new generation players to hopefully keep improving and enhance the strength of the current Scotland squad.
Yup. Don't know much about Denmark but they got put out at the playoff stage. I'd imagine they will be decent enough.

Hopefully mcginn will get some game time. Tierney also looks a tough,handy wee left back. I'd also like to see the young lad from forest who I picking up some bright reports fae down south.
It looks like there could be about 6 newly capped players tonight incl the Forest lad.
FT and another 1-0 victory for Scotland with an opportunist goal for Matt Ritchie after a defensive misjudgement by Daniel Agger. A bright opening ten mins by Scotland with John McGinn prominent during this period but then Denmark gained control of the game after losing that early goal. Wee Gordon played Fletch and Sparky 'up top'. The shape and movement wasn't right against a side that has not won an away match since 2014 and I doubt the manager will play this pair again.
mcginn - MOTM

Tierney - Looked very solid tonight,schmiechel seemed quite impressed in the studio. a bit more pace to his game and he could be top notch.

As 0762 says fletcher and griffiths just didn't really work.

We Rode our luck a bit at times for sure but we played some nice stuff too in places and could have added to our tally by the end. Denmark were quite impressive and must be feeling aggrieved not to be going to the euros.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »