Thread Rating:
Europa League draw - who d'ya fancy in the 2nd quali round?
http://www.footballseeding.com/european-...ing-16-17/

The Europa League qualifier draws will soon be coming up on 20 June 2016 and, as Scottish Cup winners, we've conveniently jumped ahead of the other two Scottish quali representatives by initially participating in the 2nd qualifying round. As usual, all Scottish footie clubs in this tourney will be dispatched out of it fairly quickly by better Euro opponents but what opposition would you like Hibs to play in this 2nd quali round? I'd like to see a reasonably attractive draw that would provide us with a bit of early season entertainment to cover both home and away EL ties. Looking at the list of possible Euro opponents, I'd opt for either Grasshoppers Club, Brondby or IFK Gothenburg. We'll most likely be eliminated and IMO that won't be too disappointing as I perceive that any kinda extra early season commitment to such a demanding competition could be detrimental to our main priority of winning the Championship and starting our campaign positively.
Vote of confidence is inspiring 0762,I think the clubs are well capable of making it to the final qualifying section were we will meet all sorts of bothe lol.
I'm a footie realist Fredster - I think any Scottish club will do well to reach the EL 3rd round. Our media people celebrate the odd Euro victory v meagre opposition because we hardly win Euro matches. As for the 4th EL quali round? Well I don't think that miracle will happen any time soon and we all know that only too well!
I am too 0762 but we can reach the last qualifier but to get to the group stages would be immense but no going to happen look what is in there,it's a joke like UEFA need to look at the Euro comps and make it fairer they are designed for the cream and fuq the shite.
Yep! That's it 'in a nutshell' Fredster - Euro footie has left us behind quite a while ago and that's a fact. Also any immense run for a Scottish Club except Celtic would likely destroy their season - too high a commitment!
Aimed it making money for the big boys,and they wonder why the game is fuqed.
We will end up playing some outfit from the faroe islands.
At least it would be a fairly short journey with not too significant an expense attached to it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »