Thread Rating:
BF Cup quarter-final - Alloa v Hibs, Tues 14 December, KO 8.00pm
Well this is a good time for Hibs to visit another artificial pitch after a 0-4 demolition of the Accies on a similar synthetic surface. I wonder if Jack Ross will still play some fringe players v this level of opposition?? A curious predicament for JR. Anyway Hibs are in a "good place" just now - just keep on winning and make it a "nice habit" to engender "in the ranks" with confidence and team morale so high.

GGTTH
Take it seriously and keep on winning. GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
This is a good chance for Hibs to reach another cup final. Not my first choice of trophy obviously but it is all part of the "bigger picture" re Hibs positive progress in providing expansive footie and consistently winning. I want to have another pop v the "mighty"(sic) Rangers if poss because I reckon a full Hibs team has a very good chance of beating them in a one-off cup tie.
HT and SENSATION!!!! Hibs are losing 1-0 to the Wasps!!! Thumb down I must say even though the possession stats must be about 40-60 in Hibs favour, they kinda deserve it after the careless nature of certain Hibs players efforts to score in front of Alloa's goal - a few players need a "foot up the arse" re focus and attitude in this kinda match! Jamie Gullan starting in place of the injured Kevin Nisbet but needs to do more, Doidge doing his usual when he is in this negative mood, Boyly f##### about again and also picking up a needless yellow card. Also add Hanlon in missing a really good scoring chance but he is a defender and can be forgiven. Jack Ross has good options (Mallon and Magennis or Stephen McGinn) to change things in the 2nd half and please increase the tempo v this PT outfit FFS!!!!

50 mins gone and still too many goal efforts being "skied" over their crossbar - no great ball control displayed on this artificial pitch!!!!! Thumb down
Seen enough - time to change it Jack - DO IT FFS!!

Magennis and Mallan on and at last Doidgy scores from a corner, a predator's goal from close range!! Thumb up Now pick up the pace of this game and "finish them off"!

GOOOAAALLLL!!!! Thumb up Doidgy "plants" a good header into the "pokey!!! Lets score more in the final 7-10mins!!
FT and Hibs go through to the semi-finals after a horrible testy match on a tricky artificial pitch v a well-organised Wasps' side (compared with the Accies on Saturday!)
JOB DONE! Thumb up
The main thing is we are through, a patch job squad today but good to see Mallan coming on and changing the match with Doidge getting the 'ugly' goals to see us through, some players need to learn to take these games more seriously instead of treating them as training matches as that could have easily gone wrong like it did for Hearts.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
Hampden here we come!!

We made it tougher than it should have been but the subs were good and Doidge might be a frustrating player a lot of the time but he's decent when there is a battle on.
Never was going to be easy.

Biggest plus was we fought our way through and can look forward to another semi final.

Ross now has to find a way to convert these into finals and silverware. Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »