Thread Rating:
Season So Far
what are your views on the season so far?
good,bad,indifferent?

will we survive in the greed league with what we have?

opinions welcome

Kristien
@Kristien 1965
Very good. In the summer Slaven said it's a 2 year project to achieve promotion so I was expecting 5th or 6th this season at most with a large push for promotion next season if we didn't win the play-offs. I was not expecting us to be in the top 2 for a large part of the season.

I was also not expecting expecting us to be back clear at the top after our typical Christmas pissing in the bed.

As for a season in the Prem, I think we'd be looking at needing big changes to the squad, especially in defence, centre midfield and strikers and would have a tough battle to finish higher than 14/15th.
Blue Baggie likes this post
Really good. I too thought 3rd or 4th would be the best we could achieve this year with the signings we got. However, sawyers has been great, especially up to Christmas. Ajeyi has been a steal keeping out Hegazi. Diangana and pereira have been amazing, bit disappointed with the forwards.
IMHO SB is the best thing that's happened to our club for years:
1) We're playing on the front foot and playing the type of football we've been known for over the years, albeit not for the last decade
2) We are a club that decent players will be attracted to.

I would also have thought that we'd be mid table at this stage, what with basically a new team kicking off in August hardly knowing each other.

Really agree that getting SB on a long-term contract would be a great move too!
talkSAFT likes this post
Just remember no matter what how the results go tomorrow we will still be 5 pts clear of 3rd place. But I think it might be more.
There will be no negativity from me. Boing boing.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »