Thread Rating:
Fleetwood vs Chesterfield
Your teams down to 10 men Matt. Armands loan has been extended another month.
(06-11-2015, 15:53)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Your teams down to 10 men Matt. Armands loan has been extended another month.

Probably looks like we won't see him in a Chesterfield shirt again. Wouldn't surprise me if we let him go to Stevenage permanently in January.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Poor sod, Stevenage. Why do you think Lewis Hamilton is so quick? You'd drive at any speed to get out of that place.

As for Swindon and Martin Ling - he says his depression has gone. It's bound to be back in Swindon.
Hope we play better than Notts County!

Noticed Nando on the score sheet after another full 90 in the town of the damned. Even Gillingham weren't prepared for this vision of hell.

Also noticed us recommending a promising 18 year old keeper to Newport County, I imagine because we've filled our keeper contracts with older players. Can we afford to miss out on a young lad we clearly fancied to keep Chapman and Cairns?

And if you want to hear a thin-skinned and very peeved Paul Cook listen to his post-match interview after the Macclesfield game. Seems to be under some pressure as his team fails to perform up to his standards ...... and I'm guessing Pompey fans remain unrealistic enough to expect their team to be ten points clear at the top and cruising towards the fifth round of the Cup.
Cookie was often short with interviewers when he was with us so Its nothing new ,what was annoying was that the beeb chose to make it a headline now he's with Portsmouth because they are perceived as a big club.
Dev,one thing I'm fairly certain of is we cant possibly put up as poor a show as Notts County on Friday....can we ? They were bloody awful.
Notts were really poor I think they struggled to play on that pitch as it was very bobbly and I don't think they could deal with how physical Salford were. FC will have home advantage on Monday because they will have the crowd behind them the TV cameras are there so on paper neutrals will be hoping for an upset. We've got a great away record this season but that means nothing in football especially in cup games its all about what happens on the day and you can only beat what's in front of you.

Buxton went there in the qualifying round and got a 1-1 draw before losing the replay 2-0 at home, Glossop went there and got a 2-2 draw in the Manchester cup before losing on penalties. So could we be the 3rd Derbyshire team to go there and get a draw?

FC Utd wont have the crowd behind them in the first half Matt. Not sure how many will boycott it but it should work to our advantage if they go through with it.
They are asking us for 2 mins silence at the start of the game. Not sure what that would achieve tbh.
We couldn't even shift 500 tickets because its on TV so I don't think we can say too much.
Desperate as the BBC were to promote the magic of the Cup as they have access to its games, our failure to sell 500 tickets tells everyone all they need to know about where the competition is heading.

Take a look at attendances, 900 odd at Dagenham, 2,000 and a dog at Rochdale, not even 3,500 at Millwall. Only Sheffield United topped 10,000. And all those games on Sunday - okay you can see why Whitehawk might get a bigger gate by not clashing with a Brighton home game, but Bristol Rovers? City were away on Saturday, their nearest other league clubs are who, Swindon, Yeovil, both away?

Australia stops for the Melbourne Cup. It isn't run over three or four days - it's just one horse race the whole nation comes together to watch. It doesn't double the impact of Salford beating Notts County or Chesham doing for Bristol Rovers that they did it on Friday or Sunday, it halves it. It's mentioned and very quickly no one cares .... forgotten move on.

Let's go to some second-rate former player for an opinion on Jose Mourinho, and what to do you think to Louis Van Gaal's hairstyle?

As to Notts County, I know they didn't get much supply but Izale McLeod and Stead looked innocuous. Only Aborah was it, the little black midfielder, seemed to have any idea of passing, control and any will to win. I began to wonder if the game were just a scripted third part of the documentary.
(09-11-2015, 11:41)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: FC Utd wont have the crowd behind them in the first half Matt. Not sure how many will boycott it but it should work to our advantage if they go through with it.
They are asking us for 2 mins silence at the start of the game. Not sure what that would achieve tbh.
We couldn't even shift 500 tickets because its on TV so I don't think we can say too much.

Weather doesn't look that great for a boycott unless they stay at home and only turn up for the second half. I don't think we could shift 500 tickets because A) It's a night game B) On TV and most people I don't think can be bothered to travel to Manchester on a cold, wet Monday night. If the game was played on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon we would have sold out our allocation.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »