Thread Rating:
New Euro Comp.
European football bosses have discussed the possibility of creating a third club competition behind the Champions League and Europa League. (Associated Press)

So who will qualify?? Champions league dropshorts........ Europa league dropshorts???? Can`t have the big boys not making any extra money from sucker fans can we.??

Bring back the Cup winners cup. ......... Oh wait the big boys are not interested in domestic cup comps. No euro reward....... DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
I have an idea, let's have a competition for the champions and only the champions, let's call it the European cup, then have one for the cup winners, that could be called the cup winners cup and one for teams finishing second down to say sixth in the league, we could call it the UEFA cup. Each competition could be a knockout format where you have an unseeded draw and play ties on a home and away basis. No bias for bigger teams, a level playing field. On second thoughts that would never work, it's fair and the man ure's, Manchester city and chelski's of this world would have to earn their trophies not buy them
talkSAFT, aries22, like this post
(17-09-2015, 14:19)4evaabaggie Wrote: I have an idea, let's have a competition for the champions and only the champions, let's call it the European cup, then have one for the cup winners, that could be called the cup winners cup and one for teams finishing second down to say sixth in the league, we could call it the UEFA cup. Each competition could be a knockout format where you have an unseeded draw and play ties on a home and away basis. No bias for bigger teams, a level playing field. On second thoughts that would never work, it's fair and the man ure's, Manchester city and chelski's of this world would have to earn their trophies not but them

Bang on 4eva!
Anglo-Italian cup?
4eva, great idea mate but, as you say, it'll never catch on!
Christ knows why Uefa decided in their clueless wisdom to do away with or change these competitions in the first place.
Here we have teams playing three qualifying rounds just to get into main draws.
I've got a message for Uefa.
If they're not good enough to get direct entry, they're not good enough at all!
4evaabaggie likes this post
My love of football is being seriously eroded by the way everything is set up so a few teams get rich and the rest don't count, premier league, a league of four, champions league, an elitist exclusive members club, the academy system where the rich stockpile and steal players to prevent their first team having to earn their victories, chelski, 33 players out on loan. Officials scared of the big four etc etc ........ what happened to football the working man's game played on a level playing field. My love of the Albion will never die but we are destined with the majority to be also rans with the occasional cup run. COYB.
talkSAFT likes this post
(17-09-2015, 21:35)4evaabaggie Wrote: My love of football is being seriously eroded by the way everything is set up so a few teams get rich and the rest don't count, premier league, a league of four, champions league, an elitist exclusive members club, the academy system where the rich stockpile and steal  players to prevent their first team having to earn their victories, chelski, 33 players out on loan. Officials scared of the big four etc etc ........ what happened to football the working man's game played on a level playing field. My love of the Albion will never die but we are destined with the majority to be also rans with the occasional cup run.  COYB.

The ridiculous UEFA Financial Fair Play system really grinds my gears and shackles clubs like the Albion, from my understanding of it at least. As well as the over the top cost of away tickets for the "big" clubs winds me right up too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »