Sanjay 15 0 5 5 3 1
St Charles 15 1 5 5 -3 1
Bomber 14 2 3 -3 6 1
BBB 14 2 2 NP 6 0
AAA 13 1 4 NP NP 1
Zinman 11 1 4 -3 3 1
Beefy 7 0 4 -3 3 1
Derby 5 0 5 -3 -3 1

Very consistent scoring this week in the PL from most predictors, with not much between the top 7 scorers!!

Taking top spot for the second week in a row is Themaclad on 17 points. Despite only gaining points on the same number of games as the bottom player this week his haul totally hinged on getting points on all his balls!! Close behind on 15 points are Sanjay and SCO. Sanjay, like Themaclad, owes his total to gaining points on all of his balls and not a lot else, while SCO gained points on 6 games, including the Gamball but missed on the Bonus costing him a top spot!!

Joint 4th place is shared by Bomber and BBB, both on 14 points. Both of these guys recorded a week high 2 correct scores and both scored maximums on their Bonus Ball but the Gamball kept Bomber’s score down and BBB decided he wanted nothing to do with it this week, wisely so as it turned out!! Sixth place is AAA on 13 points. True to prior form he didn’t play the Gamball but got a CR on it, losing a further 3 points by not playing it. He also fell foul of the rules in not making his other ball plays clear enough to be able to score his Bonus ball at all!!!

In 7th spot is our current league leader Zinman on 11 points. For once he actually had the balls to play all his balls!!!! Didn’t do him much good though as he got the Gamball wrong anyway!! Bit of a drop down to Beefy in 8th on just 7 points. No correct scores always hurts and coupled with an incorrect Gamball and only scoring on 4 games will see you in the relegation spots!!! Derby takes bottom spot this week on just 5 points, he did score points on half the games but missed on the Gamball and Bonus so wasn’t able to make much of his week!!!

With not much points difference between most players I cannot see the table changing too much but there could be a few people swapping places!!

Cheers
SCO

After being top of the Championship for every week of last season, it's taken themaclad 6 weeks this time but he's taken over at the top of the Premiership and will be aiming to kick on from here as he takes over from last seasons champion, Zinman who chose to play and lose 3 points on the Gamball, will he revert to his non playing tactic next week?

Bomber keeps his spot in 3rd but is forced to share it with our early season pacesetter, Sanjay who climbed a place after an indifferent couple of weeks, the tied pair only sitting 7 points off the top.

BBB kept in touch with the top 4 with a week in the teens, while SCO has a bit of ground to make up to keep in touch, all was looking rosy until Arsenal performed some kamikaze defending. AAA was another in double figures and although in the relegation play-off spot has a 12 point cushion to the bottom 2.

Derby and Beefy fill the bottom 2 places and were the only players to not have double figure scores this week which meant losing significant ground on everyone above them.

Bomber

Lady Jane 17 pts 3CS 5CR 5GB -3BB 1SB
Joker 13 pts 1CS 5CR 5GB -3BB 1SB
Twerton 11pts 3CS 45CR -3GB -3BB 1SB
Snooty 9 pts 3CS 4CR -3GB -3BB 1SB
MightyBrom 8pts 2CS 3CR dnpGB -3BB 1SB
BaggieOne 2pts 0CS 4CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
Amelia 0pts 0CS 0CR No balls
Stairs -1 pt 0CS 2CR -3GB -3BB 1SB

So after the international break we are back and the Championship managed to serve up an interesting set of results. Has there ever been a week when someone managed to get all 10 predictions wrong but still didn't end up bottom of the table? Has Joker ever managed 4 consecutive weeks of positive scores? Has there ever been a week where the bonus ball failed to produce a single point?

Three fixtures caused problems this week with both Birmingham and Watford ruining several bonus balls and, as usual, the gamball game producing negative total scores.

After scoring this season's lowest weekly score before the break, Lady Jane was back to her early season form to head this week's table with 17 points. A comprehensive lead thanks to the week's equal best number of correct scores and correct results, plus correctly forecasting Huddersfield's continuing demise. Joker sits comfortably second as the only other player to score from the Gamball. Twerton takes the bronze position as the other player to reach double figures. He matched Lady Jane's 5 correct predictions and 3 correct scores but lost points on both the gamball and bonus.

Snooty comes in 4th, 1 ahead of MightyBrom who benefited from not playing the Gamball. Snooty matched Lady Jane's 3 correct scores - but how many points have optimistic Huddersfield predictions cost him this season? BaggieOne suffered from a poor set of balls but did at least manage a positive score for the week.

Amelia stated in her predictions that she was making it up as she went along.....and she amazingly managed to get all 10 predictions wrong. She was saved from achieving a minimum score by her no ball policy and so managed to avoid bottom place which this week goes to Stairs - just 2 correct predictions plus the score ball point but failures on the gamball and bonus puts him in negative territory for the week.

Zin

No change at the top though Twerton did extend his lead to 9 points despite being another one to suffer at the hands of Arsenals' defence, as did our climber this week, Lady Jane who jumped 3 places into 2nd spot

BaggieOne dropping to a share of 3rd suffered similarly in what was a dissappointing week as he was joined by Joker who made up the quartet of bonus ball casualties all relying all to heavily on David Luiz and co.

Amelia was the big faller this week dropping 2 places and not troubling the scorer and again saving lost points by not playing any of the feature balls, she slips to 5th where she's now in reach of Mightybrom just 4 points back in 6th.

The bottom 2 consist of Stairs suffering a minus week and losing ground on those above him, and Snooty who has only added 13 points in 5 weeks since his first week total of 16.

Bomber
Lord Snooty, Baggiebob(BBB), themaclad And 1 others like this post
Does this mean my policy of totally random predictions is no longer working?  Tongue
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Probably Amelia however my tattic of using the damn Gamball certainly isn't working
I haven't got on correct yet :-(
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Well my tactics of trying to guess the correct scores certainly is not working!! May just go onto roll the dice scores.
So most of us can't win whatever we do. Laugh
Beefy 1965 likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
Correct, unless your golden boy Bomber who seems to be getting as lucky as Zinman.
Maybe he should use his car keys as Zinman does then he may get even more lucky :-)
(17-09-2019, 17:53)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Correct, unless your golden boy Bomber who seems to be getting as lucky as Zinman.
Maybe he should use his car  keys as Zinman does then he may get even more lucky :-)

Tut tut jealousy and envy go hand in hand, such a sad trait.

Car keys ???????????????? Doh

My car turns on and warms up by my eye recognition - same as my women Wink Wink
I'm not sad :-(
But if you don't pack it in I'll take my game home with me so you can't play with it anymore :-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »