Thread Rating:
Hibs v St Mirren - 23/01/16
It's now nearing crunch time for Hibs in their quest to gain automatic promotion to the Premiership. Certainly the remaining home games are must-win games if we are to sustain our challenge for the top spot.

St Mirren have not done as well as I thought they would and, despite two wins in their last three games, they are still close to the foot of the table. For Hibs, Keatings hasn't done much recently and I'm expecting him to be on the bench with both Dagnall and Cummings on from the start. I'm certain Stokes will come on with at least half an hour to go to hopefully give us all a boost with an exciting display.

I'll be wanting a two or three goal victory to keep the new unbeaten run going.

GGTTH
Cabbage is still good for you
Please drop malonga and play keatings and henderson in their best positions.

Stokesys trial put back to november as well....So hopefully he will feature at some stage.
St Mirren to start their tail end of the season run by beating Hibs 2-0.
I'm curious to see how Alan Stubbs tackles this match and what his priorities are wrt Championship and cup aspirations. Hibs have a huge fortnight ahead of them, with a LC semi-final confrontation coming up followed by another big cup-tie at Tynecastle on 7 Feb. Stubbs latest dialogue re his aspirations is a healthy one where he wants Hibs to challenge for every trophy. Therefore will he rotate players in this match v Saint Mirren with a view to tackling the upcoming cup ties to the best of our ability? In other words, take down Saint Mirren as quickly as we can with a reasonable team (IMO the Championship title is the most important target!) and then fully focus on both cup ties!
We are unbeaten at home and I hope Saint Mirren field their dodgy goalie, Jamie Langfield - there will be nothing to worry about: another win v The Buddies and Stokesy to score a 'brace' or a 'hat trick' with John McGinn joining in against his old employers - he seems to revel playing against them!! Thumb up
hibeejim21 likes this post
Hibs team - Oxley, Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson, Fyvie, Bartley, McGinn, Henderson, Dagnall, Cummings.
Subs - Malonga, Boyle, Keatings, McGregor, Gunnarsson, Stokes, Reguero.

Liam Henderson scores after 10 minutes from a free-kick to put Hibs 1 up.

John McGinn scores against his old Buddies just before half-time to put Hibs 2-0 up, but St Mirren pull one back in first-half added time from a Stephen Mallan free-kick.
HT Hibs 2 St Mirren 1.
Cabbage is still good for you
Last mins of the match and GOOOAALLLLLLL!!!!!! Thumb up Thumb up Would you believe it - Stokesy on for the last quarter of the match and he scores a debut goal!! Top class finishing and 3-1 Hibs!!! Thumb up Thumb up
Falkirk drop pts and draw at Livingston - it's been a good day for the Cabbage n Ribs!!!!! Thumb up

Sent from my android phone.
Down tae a 2 point gap at the top again , got tae keep it going now GGTTH
Stokesy...... YAAAASSSS!!!!
Don't know how that game was only 2-1 for so long,we really do miss a lot of chances. Especially headers... Still 3 points on the board. Henderson MOTM and i don't think too many could complain about that,his hit for the free kick was stunning.

Thought stubbsy sprung a surprise starting with dagnall who i thought did well. He looks the sort of player who will work and stretch a back 4. Being able to throw on stokes and keatings for the last 15 or so shows the kind of depth of squad we have. Stokesy certainly seemed 'up for it' and could have had a couple.

Onwards to the LC semi at the PBS....and a chance to book a place in the cup final. I expect mcgeough to return for that one.
ritchiebaby likes this post
One consistent disappointment is Fontaine missing these good scoring headers in front of goal - he's happy to head over the crossbar or past the posts instead of concentrating on hitting the target!
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »